PDA

View Full Version : Help starting up ZC2.10

Santano64neo
11-29-2007, 02:04 AM
I need help getting my download to work. It is installed and the icons are there, but whenever I try to open it, it says "zelda_w(not sure name of program)has encountered a problem and has closed unexpectantly". Then it says "send error report?", I have tried almost every thing. I've let my firewalls enable it, downloaded it like 3 times, re-installed it, restarted my computer, accesed the direct link, and stuff like that. I really need help here! :(

Russ
11-29-2007, 11:20 AM
What operating system does your computer use?

Rakshiba
11-29-2007, 03:39 PM
In rare cases a comp doesn't download all the files it needs to run ZeldaClassic, look in the 2.10 folder and make sure you you have all the major programs, you can find a list of these in the downloads tab on the top of each page, in here look under support files. The two major programs you need are the Allegro DLL v4.0 and the sfx datafile. The program doesn't work without them.

LostInHyru1e
12-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Rakshiba - s/he said they downloaded it 3 times, so that's probably not the problem.

As far as what Russ said, if your computer operates on Windows Vista, that will happen to you every time you try to open it. Yeah, I know, Vista sucks.