PDA

View Full Version : Safe Zone

Mega Link
11-24-2007, 09:47 PM
A simple script that, when Link stands on combo 71, he is invinsible and invisible to enemies but, vinsible and visible once he steps off.

_L_
11-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Sorry! Enemy artificial intelligence is pretty dependant on Link's position always being known. (What would the Wizzrobes do?)

Russ
11-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Couldn't a simple script be made that

A. Checks ti see if Link is standing on the safe zone
B. Gives him a clock item
C. And removes it when he steps off of the safe zone.

And you could prevent enemies from walking on it be putting the no enemies flag on it.

The_Amaster
11-25-2007, 12:39 PM
It'd look weird, but you could place a floor tile on layer 5 or 6, so that when he walks onto it, he's invisible.

Mega Link
11-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Couldn't a simple script be made that

A. Checks ti see if Link is standing on the safe zone
B. Gives him a clock item
C. And removes it when he steps off of the safe zone.
Exept that, I still want the enemies to move.

And you could prevent enemies from walking on it be putting the no enemies flag on it.
I already know that.

Joe123
11-25-2007, 01:12 PM
The only way to make Link invisible via scripting is to set up a dummy item with a Link Tile Modifier, that when you give it to him his tiles are moved down so that he's completely blank. Which is rather sucky.

However, you could just give him that and a clock.

Mega Link
11-28-2007, 06:45 PM
What I mean by
invinsible and invisible to enemies is, enemies cannot see or hurt him when on a safe zone.

The No Enemies flag works, but the enemies can still see him and octorocks can hurt him by shooting rocks.

Joe123
11-28-2007, 06:50 PM
You can make him invisible and give him a clock, and put a no enemies on the tile. Is that ok?

Mega Link
11-29-2007, 06:30 PM
No I do not want enemies to freeze.

AmazingAmpharos
11-29-2007, 06:48 PM
You could replace all enemies with versions of themselves with a 0 homing rate to simulate invisibility. For invincibility, there are many possible tricks. Putting Link on a higher Z level than everything else would be one option. You would probably have to script all the tiles around the safe zone to undo the safe zone effects.