PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

DarkFlameWolf
11-23-2007, 07:46 PM
What are your thoughts on it, for anyone who has played it yet?
I personally think its a fun diversion. Enough for purchasing? depends on your play style and if you like rail shooters. I suspect that it'd get much funner with a second person playing it with you. Easy mode is quite....rough, ammo is sparingly given, which is typical. Although I reach a boss wishing I had just 3 times as much ammo as they give you. I'd hate to see hard mode. Overall its decent, but still not sure on my final verdict yet until I beat it.

MasterSwordUltima
11-23-2007, 07:54 PM
I reserved it way back when, and since I went to the mall today to see just how sucky Black Friday is, I decided to go pick it up. Then I saw the line at EBX...erm, GameStop rather [used to be EBX, wish it still were] and decided that I didn't want to stand there listening to 5 year olds that want Devil May Cry and black kids talk about how awesome all the sports games are [in which its just the same effing game with a different year at the end, ugh]

MottZilla
11-23-2007, 10:40 PM
When I heard it was going to be Resident Evil: Area 51 I decided to pass. :p If I wanted to play an Area 51 game, well I wouldn't play Area 51, I'd play Time Crisis 2 or 3.

DarkDragoonX
11-23-2007, 11:05 PM
I find it rather enjoyable. I've always been somewhat partial to rail shooters, and as they go, Umbrella Chronicles is pretty good.

MasterSwordUltima
12-08-2007, 12:15 PM
w00t, picked it up yesterday, and beat the Resident Evil 0 portion before I had to go to work. Oh dear god, two-player is an absolute blast. I really like how they set it up so that B is to shoot, A is to pick up stuff, and the D-pad is to switch through your weapons.

I'm now at the third part[mission, level? I forget what they're called in-game] of the Mansion Incident. I plan on going through the game two-player the whole way through [except for the 1p missions...speaking of which..]

-=SPOILER=-

vegeta1215
12-08-2007, 01:34 PM
I've been following the game for a while and reading people's thoughts on it now that it's been released. It looks neat, and definitely a game "for the fans, but I think I might rent it first, or at least wait till a price drop. Just doesn't seem like much of a game for $50, being an arcade-style shooter and all.

Rijuhn
12-09-2007, 01:23 AM
What I would strongly suggest is only buy the game if you're sure that you can find someone to play 2-player with who enjoys the Resident Evil series and it'll be an awesome time. I played it at a friend's house and it was a blast, but when I rented it today and played it by myself it wasn't a blast, it was just good fun.

Good gaming friends who are knowledgeable about what they play and know how to make good game-related jokes are gems. Otherwise you're stuck with people who only play racing games, or football games, or genre-specific non-gamers like that. Well, that's my experience at least. Anyway, I'm on the Resident Evil 2 part of it and I'm loving how the AI is getting smarter and it's actually proving to be quite a challege on Normal mode. Plus, the in-between missions like Wesker's missions I think really show some of the dedication and polish of Capcom.