PDA

View Full Version : More problems...

Rakshiba
11-23-2007, 10:03 AM
First of all, each and all of my bosses are solid black(C-set problem?) And I'm trying to learn the graphics portion of the enemy editor. Any tips/help would be much appreciated. Also, if anyone know what the "misc attributes" in the enemy editor mean it would help alot.

Freedom
11-23-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm not sure how they ALL could be black unless you just went around and deleted every cset in your esp 1 palette.
If the enemies that draw on cset 9 are black, add a cset 9 to the palette.
cset 9 works like a level palette and can be changed with each level palette, and are often not in a new palette and need to be added.
Bosses use various palettes in the esp 1 palette, and most other enemies use the csets 7 and 8 by default with the exception of enemies like the Pols Voice which uses cset 6, and of course the enemies that use cset 9.
We are talking DEFAULTS here, in the enemy editor you can select whatever palette you want for each enemy by clicking on the enemy tile and then advancing to the cset you want it to dispaly in.

Rakshiba
11-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Ok thanks. That wasn't the exact problem, but I wouldn't have found it without that advice.
Any help on my second and third questions? Anybody?

Rakshiba
11-23-2007, 09:39 PM
The new build672 is a beta from my understanding, is this why most of the new enemies(Goryia Lv3, Octoroc Lv3,and Lv4 etc.) are incomplete. Most of them are invisible or graphicly incorect. I've checked all the flags for invisibility none of them are active, and I currently lack the skills and 'knowhow' to correct these glitches.

Russ
11-23-2007, 09:46 PM
What tileset are you using. If you are not using the new default, you will have to set the graphics for them youself. Go to quest, enemies. Select the enemy. The tile box on the left is the one you set for old animation (uses the first page). The one on the right is used for new animation (all those pages of enemies). The middle one is for special tiles (like for a darknut, broken shield tiles).

Rakshiba
11-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Ok that helps. Do you think you could help me with the numbers under those boxes too.

Russ
11-23-2007, 10:41 PM
I am not quite sure what they are for. Wait, I think I remember. They don't do anything for the enemy. They just tell Zquest's tile pages to give a warning if you try to copy over the enemie's tiles. I think.

Rakshiba
11-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Alrighty then. Know anything on the misc atributes on the second tab in the enemy editor?

Russ
11-24-2007, 02:48 AM
Go to the ZC wdocumentation iki. There is a link to it on the ZC home page. Go to an enemies page. Its misc. options are on the page with it.

Rakshiba
11-24-2007, 05:52 PM
Awesome! This'll probably solve all my problems, Thanks.