PDA

View Full Version : Zelda Classic on the Wii?

Joe_Cracker
11-22-2007, 09:41 PM
(to the administration: ZC Suggestion forum closed so move this thread there when it's re-opened)

Since the Wii uses SD cards for game saves and Virtual Console games, what about. It may sound crazy but I think ZC fans would love it. You won't be able to create or download quest files on the Wii but you just use the SD card drive for your PC or Mac and upload a version of zelda-w.exe just for the Wii and the support files and your .qst files from all previous and current versions to be played on the Wii.

If you want to, you could also do this for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

The_Amaster
11-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Unfrotunatly, it's not likely. ZC is built in such a way that makes it difficult to port. I don't recall weather it's somethign in Linux, or the fact that it's built with Allegro, or what, but the code simply doesn't port well.

ShadowTiger
11-23-2007, 12:09 AM
Do they have an SD to PC adapter yet then? I'd get one.

Also, porting topics are ... eh. Stick to the PC.

Joe_Cracker
11-23-2007, 12:09 AM
I'm talking about an indiepent software that won't run on PC or Mac, just a console system but you might have to reformat quest files without altering them the quest "as is" or having to know the author's password.

The_Amaster
11-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Well, that's both more and less likely at the same time. More likely because then you can be sure that it would work, but less because of all the time and effort that would have to go into building ZC from the ground up on a new platform.

However, likely or not, theres no way at all that it could happen before the release of 2.5. Maybe....maybe after, but...

EDIT: I just relaized how hopefull that maybe sounded When I say maybe here, I'm talking like, 5% chance.

Master_of_Power
11-23-2007, 10:02 AM
DarkNation did mention a while back that ZC 3.0 would be rebuilt from the ground up in a new library, However, I'm not too certain about the details.

MasterSwordUltima
11-23-2007, 08:07 PM
I don't get it, whats the point? Just get some converter cables and play the game on your TV with your keyboard, or if you use a gamepad, use that. If you have a USB NES controller, just mod it a bit and put it into a Wii-mote, along with some blue LEDs and some weight to make it feel right, and there you go.

However, we seriously need some Homebrew Wii games to fill my SD card up with.

DarkFlameWolf
11-24-2007, 06:47 PM
one word: no.
Make fresh new stuff.

Nicholas Steel
11-24-2007, 08:29 PM
this should have been locked yesterday when the OP made the thread because anyone making suggestions when suggestions aren't wanted needs to be shot.

Revfan9
11-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Bug the people working on Wii Linux (Are any of those projects still alive? I don't care enough to go check.)

Imprisoned
11-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Ehh, I suppose this has been discussed before, right? There's no porting ZC to consoles. Before my break there was a thread "ZC for PSP" and people were mad. O_o
Why don't you just get a TV-PC cable and use your TV as a computer screen, and run ZC fullscreen and play it with your keyboard.

MasterSwordUltima
11-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Why don't you just get a TV-PC cable and use your TV as a computer screen, and run ZC fullscreen and play it with your keyboard.

What did I just say?

Nicholas Steel
11-26-2007, 01:04 AM
the only problem with that is the sound source :) having sound out of you pc speakers instead of your tv speakers.

DarkDragon
11-26-2007, 01:28 AM
(to the administration: ZC Suggestion forum closed so move this thread there when it's re-opened)

Since the Wii uses SD cards for game saves and Virtual Console games, what about. It may sound crazy but I think ZC fans would love it. You won't be able to create or download quest files on the Wii but you just use the SD card drive for your PC or Mac and upload a version of zelda-w.exe just for the Wii and the support files and your .qst files from all previous and current versions to be played on the Wii.

If you want to, you could also do this for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

No chance in hell, in the near to mid future.

However, I'm sure if all of the developers were donated a Wii Dev Kit we might change our minds ;)