PDA

View Full Version : FFC Tutorial for dummies!

bluedeath
11-22-2007, 01:55 PM
I need a very good tutorial for ffc because I really want my quest to be the best it can be in cutscenes and etc.:(

Praethus
11-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Let me finish my current semester at school and I will write an in-depth FFC/Scripting tutorial that will be easy to understand. I'd probably start on it in about 2 weeks. Just be patient guys.

bluedeath
11-22-2007, 02:01 PM
Can somone send maybe a link for tutorials on FFC?

bluedeath
11-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Sorry for double post I wanted to put this back on top of the list...

Gleeok
11-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Alrighty, try here (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28193) and here (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=25946), then here. (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98648) There's more links in the last one.

It's a start.

bluedeath
11-25-2007, 12:00 AM
Those are zscripting tutorials not FFC(Free form Combos!) I need tutorial because ffc is different from beta 10, and Change FFC ATTR is gone, and I need to really know how to change it now... Im using Alpha build 668.

Russ
11-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Those are zscripting tutorials not FFC(Free form Combos!) I need tutorial because ffc is different from beta 10, and Change FFC ATTR is gone, and I need to really know how to change it now... Im using Alpha build 668.
Just make a free form combo, and set the flag called "is a changer (invisible)". Put it where you want the freeform combo to change directions. When a freeform combo hits a changer, its x and y speed change to the changers x and y speed.

Gleeok
11-25-2007, 12:28 AM

Huh, Isn't there a basic ffc tut stickied in this forum?

It's called a changer now. Same great taste, but less filling.

bluedeath
11-25-2007, 10:37 AM
Aight, sorry bout that :D. Thanks

bluedeath
11-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Where is "changer"? And how do you make the FFC go to the next when it steps in a certain place?? I find this very usefull for bosses and cutscenes because I know most of the basics. It's just when the devs maybe changed the rule around is when I got confused.

Joe123
11-25-2007, 12:37 PM
It's in the second tab on the ffc's setting. 'Is a Changer (Invisible)'

http://www.shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/FFC

bluedeath
11-25-2007, 07:14 PM
It's not really working out for me. When ever I select is a changer in the screen, my FFC looks like a multicolored flasing dot and when i play the quest u cant see it, I want to know how to make the FFC change whenever it touches the certain tile.

Russ
11-25-2007, 07:22 PM
It is supposed to be invisible. In zquest, there is a flashing dot to show you where it is. Just put your magic changing tile underneath the freeeform combo so it looks like the other ffc changes directions when it hits the tile. I will post a test quest later.

bluedeath
11-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Changing tile? Sorry im confused right now, I feel useless :S

DarkDragon
11-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Try this simple experiment:

Create 2 FFCs on a screen.
Put the first at (0,0), give it a starting velocity of (1,0).

Put the second at (100,0). Give it a starting velocity of (-1,0). Check the "is a changer" box.

You'll now see the first FFC in the top-left corner, and a blinking dot where you put the changer. Press X, then C, to test it out. You'll see the first FFC travel towards the changer, then, when it hits the changer, it absorbs the changer's velocity, causing it to move backwards.

Now, change the second FFC's velocity to (0, 1).

Create a third FFC at (100,100) and give it a starting velocity of (-2,0). Check "is a changer."

Test out this new configuration.

These example should give you a basic idea of how to use changers.

bluedeath
11-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Um the FFc is walking past the dot :(

Oh jesus, it worked the 6th time but not the first. Nvm I fixed it :S somehow thanks for your help guys :D! If possible I will try to learn more about ffc.

Russ
11-25-2007, 09:02 PM
And just so you know now, even though changers are invisible, you mest set a combo for them to use. If you leeve a freeform combo's tile to use at 0, the ffc will disappear. So take the extra 2 seconds to select a combo, even for changers.

By the way:

POST 600!!!

bluedeath
11-26-2007, 03:53 PM
I was wondering somthing, is it possible to make FFC's bigger.

Joe123
11-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Go back and read the wiki again.

Making them animate bigger, however, is a little akward.

bluedeath
12-11-2007, 11:58 AM
That seems to confuse me a bit. I dont understand what its saying really, it helped me but i still need help on FFC size :(.

Gleeok
12-11-2007, 01:21 PM
That seems to confuse me a bit. I dont understand what its saying really, it helped me but i still need help on FFC size :(.

Basically the Tile Width and Height boxes are for tile size.(ex; setting them to 3,3, will make the ffc 3x3 or 48 pixels by 48 pixels). Note that it uses extra data beyond the first combo in the tiles page, not the combo page.

Now the effect: this is in pixels. This is for the combo type, ie; for a 3x3 ffc you might set this at 48x48. set as damage 1 heart, and now it's a giant block of damage.

Try this:

Create a new combo.
Set aquamentus as the graphic(upper-left tile).
Now set the combo to animate 4 frames, and X set skip to 1. damage 1 heart.

with me so far? good.

Now make that combo a ffc,
set to 2x2 for height and width, and 32x32 for effect area.

BAM!
You've got an ffc Aquamentus!
did you get this far? ok,ok, there's more.

Now Let's make him a custom boss.
Set another ffc to a damage combo and lets use that as a projectile. Set the X velocity to say... -2. Make sure the starting X and Y are the same as the boss. Now reapeat that 2 more times for projectiles, only adding Y velocity to the last two this time. say 1, and -1.
Set a delay for the projectiles and viola, a custom Aquamentus!

Of coarse this one only fires once....oops, lets fix that.

Set the 2x2 Aqua to "carry over" and not the others.
Now copy/paste the screen.
Set a timed direct warp between the two rooms(set the side warp!)...say 300 ticks,
Boom! Now your boss will fire the spread shot every 5 seconds till the war in Iraq ends....not soon enough.

Still with me? O_o
Now give your boss hp, and set enemies->secret for the rooms, and set up your floor secret tiles, and finally the tile warp.
Pretty easy huh? Yeah, that's like 5 minutes of work. with 2.5 anyone can make these in a fraction of the time.

The devs did an awesome job with the new stuff.

bluedeath
12-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Thanks it works :D!!!