PDA

View Full Version : Thankyou DarkDragon

Joe123
11-18-2007, 05:59 AM
As for the roll script, in general, relying on undocumented, buggy, or unfinished features is a very bad idea, and is certainly unsupported. However, your complaint does have merit, so I've added 5 reserved "General Purpose" flags for use with scripts. Use these.

Yay
:)

Russ
11-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Awesome! Thanks DD.

Shoelace
11-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Just so I know, because I may be dumb. What do those flags do? I am taking they are flags not screen flags. But I just not sure what you would use the flags for. Yea, maybe I am dumb. >_<

Gleeok
11-18-2007, 09:23 PM
You use them for Scripts! Say you have a script that checks for flag 97, then explodes if it touches it. Well flag 97 will soon enough be used for something else post 2.5. So now these flags are kinda like script read only. Now scripts have greater flexibility. This is awesome news !

Praethus
11-18-2007, 10:05 PM
I know we are not adding features, but I think a set of combo types for this purpose would be amazing as well. Then we could basically make our own combo types through scripting. This would be extremely useful for my holes, which work similar to deep water.

Russ
11-18-2007, 10:12 PM
I know we are not adding features, but I think a set of combo types for this purpose would be amazing as well. Then we could basically make our own combo types through scripting. This would be extremely useful for my holes, which work similar to deep water.
Could you please post the script for holes? Please. Anyways, flags work well enough. Just have the script react to a certain flag instead of a combo. I want a stable release this year, and adding more and more features won't make it any more stable.

DarkDragon
11-18-2007, 11:35 PM
No.

Reserved combos would only be needed if you wanted to stack a script flag with a normal flag AND a normal inherent flag, which is way too much of a corner case to justify implementing them at this time.

beefster09
11-19-2007, 01:22 AM
Man! Now I have to go change them! Well it was a good idea anyway. It's gonna be tedious to change it, though. I'll probably improve the collision detection while I'm at it.

The best part about it will be that it won't interfere with ice flags in the future!

Praethus
11-19-2007, 04:50 PM
No.

Reserved combos would only be needed if you wanted to stack a script flag with a normal flag AND a normal inherent flag, which is way too much of a corner case to justify implementing them at this time.

Ok. That makes sense. Is there potential for more script flags in the future?

Joe123
11-19-2007, 06:17 PM
There are a few relatively dormant combotypes that you can use to attach scripts to anyway Preathus, such as 'Left Statue'