PDA

View Full Version : Concerning the A/B Item Selection Quest Rule and the Subsceen Editor:

Linkus
11-14-2007, 05:18 PM
Joe Dirt writes this:

I think you put a counter next to the B button on your passive subscreen, and there's an option that makes it only visible if the item is selected. *I haven't tried this*
Joe123 replies:

You can't do it like that Joe, because if you then have arrows set to one button and bombs to the other, it'll display the one with higher priority over the top of the other one. I tried this a while ago.
Result:

I thought about that; So it will only work if you don't allow selectable A items.
My comment on the problem (edited for better clarity):

However, Joe123 brings up the problem with that configuration when you use the A and B item selection; my solution--The A Button\B Button Counter. Such an addition would be nice; it would show the counters for items currently held in that slot, eliminating counter overlaps. Yet, no new "suggestions" for ZC (even if this allows better customization of subscreens).
Joe123 reminds me, however:

Some small additions to current features have been added since the feature freeze if you check the changelog (apparently mostly by _L_) so it might be worth discussing this over at AGN.
(original thread) (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=21894&view=findpost&p=449675)

So now I am here discussing just what was said. Although suggestions are entirely discouraged(and thus closed), I must say that the A/B Button Item Counter has to be added soon. It's like a few other things that's been included, like object properties and quest rules to either keep or fix some issues.

Joe123
11-14-2007, 06:50 PM
I support this.

Russ
11-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Whenever new features are added, new bugs are added too. So we can go with DarkDragon's advice, don't convince the devs to add any more features, or we can go against it and try to get this added. Personally, although I would like this to be added, I think we should hold back on adding things, at least untill we get a stable release.