PDA

View Full Version : combo cycling

Master Maniac
11-06-2007, 06:56 PM
ok i need to know how to set a combo to cycle when you step on a certain area (like a switch) and how to make the combo that it cycles to cycle to another combo after animation...

did i word that clearly enough?lol as long aas you guys get the gist of it thats ok.

Joe123
11-06-2007, 07:48 PM
Put a 'trigger (permanent)' or a 'trigger temporary' combo as the switch. This will activate the screen's secrets once stepped on.

At the place of the combo that you want to cycle once the switch is activated, put flag 16, and set it in the secret combo editor to be the animation with the cycling at the end.
It's also probably a good idea to put a secret flag on the switch so that it changes to a pressed switch or whatever.

If you want the combo to then cycle to something else, just to the 'next' combo, and give it an animation and make it cycle too.

Joe123
11-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Oops, I posted the same thing twice, sorry.
I blame the boards/my computer being strange.

Master Maniac
11-08-2007, 06:40 PM
ohhh ok thank you very much...

and do water tiles still work like water if they're on layers 1 or 2?

Joe123
11-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Not at all.
Combo attributes are only ever applied to combos on layer 0. Sorry, you'll have to set the water combos to layer 0. Combos don't cycle on layers in 2.10 either, so that depends on what version you're using also.

Master Maniac
11-08-2007, 10:00 PM
oh and also if you want tombo cycling to appear like its layered in 2.10 quests, then just use the layer 3 is background screen data flag. lol ive found quite a few handy tricks working on this bundle of quests

and thanks joe

Russ
11-08-2007, 10:35 PM
oh and also if you want combo cycling to appear like its layered in 2.10 quests, then just use the layer 3 is background screen data flag. lol ive found quite a few handy tricks working on this bundle of quests

and thanks joe
Layer 3 is backround screen flag is a 2.11 flag. So it won't work for 2.10. What exactly does it do anyways?

The_Amaster
11-09-2007, 12:07 AM
It's so like, if you have a distinctive floor pattern, push blocks wont ruin it by overwriting everything with undercombo. It keeps it constant. Albeit, by using your layer three.

Russ
11-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Oh. I wish I had know that earlier. Thanks for the info.