PDA

View Full Version : 5 foods that should have a place in your diet

Prrkitty
11-06-2007, 03:35 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/diet.fitness/11/06/cl.healthful.foods/index.html

I knew everything but the eggs and mushrooms. And funny thing is ... I can't stand mushrooms. Ah well.

DarkDragoonX
11-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Avocado? Never! Oh, how I loathe avocados.

Modus Ponens
11-06-2007, 04:03 PM
I know it says caffeinated coffee, but caffeine and I don't get along so well. I wonder if decaf would be good, too?

Lilith
11-06-2007, 08:30 PM
---

Icey
11-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Well, I strongly dislike three of those items (coffee, avocado, and mushrooms) so regardless of their benefits I won't be eating them anytime soon :p

Although I suppose I can always just eat some peanut butter and egg sandwiches to get through the day now...

Radium
11-06-2007, 10:41 PM
I get plenty of the Avocado in my California Burritos every ... other ... day ;)

Russ
11-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Wow, I stink at this. I hat coffee, I hate avocados, I hate mushrooms, and I dislike penut butter. So I score 1.5/5.

Pineconn
11-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Mushrooms = fry in oil or tomato sauce and that's dinner.

I'll stick to Taco Bell and Pizza Hut. :tongue:

That's an interesting article. I am still weary of peanut butter, though. It's still fat, and the higher the fat, the higher the calories.

ShadowTiger
11-06-2007, 11:20 PM
I've got the avocado thing down. Salads, wraps, tuna, sushi, .. .. DAMN sir. Avocado FTW. Dunno why, but I love it.

Mushrooms, .. .. eh, I apparently shouldn't live without. ._. >.< Drat. Cream of Mushroom soup is still quite delicious, I think, but I'd much rather have the nutritional values.

Peanut Butter ain't so bad. It's great on a banana, which is great in and of itself.

Coffee and Eggs are the big "Ugh" entities here in my view. I really don't mind either, but I wouldn't want to have either by choice. Eggs get sickening to eat too much. I'd rather have something like Egg Fu Yung for my eggs, or Egg Drop Soup. Coffee makes me hungry and weak about an hour or so after ingesting it. It's just not worth it to me. The aftereffects (The negatives) are far, far, far more noticeable to me than any benefits it's supposed to have.

Lilith
11-06-2007, 11:38 PM
---

phattonez
11-06-2007, 11:43 PM
I hate peanut butter, can only eat avocado with salt, don't really like mushrooms, and need a ton of milk and sugar to go with coffee. Eggs, I'm down.

Brasel
11-07-2007, 02:28 AM
Wheres the chocolate chip cookies and icecream?

Aegix Drakan
11-07-2007, 10:51 AM
LOL Anthony.

and ST...you put peanut butter...ON BANANAS?!?! 0_o

Anywaaay...lessee...

Peanut butter: I'll pass. >_> I'll take regular peanuts though.

Eggs: mmm...eggs...

Coffee: ...eww...>_<

Avocado: >_> keep that thing away from me.

Mushrooms: BLECH I hate mushrooms.

If chicken is found to be highly unhealthy, I'm in trouble. That's all we ever eat for supper. >_>

MasterSwordUltima
11-07-2007, 02:12 PM
peanut butter is alright. Its not my first choice for food, but I can stand it.
eggs are probably better tasting. Cheese and Ham Omelets are awesome.
coffee is alright. I don't need it in the morning or anything, but when its cold its good.
avocado...lolwut?
mushrooms make you grow twice as many pixels. [I wouldn't eat them though...]

THE MORE YOU KNOW...</NBC>

Prrkitty
11-07-2007, 04:11 PM
There is a brand of peanut butter called Adams (something or another). ALL it is made of is peanut oil and peanuts or ground peanuts (depending on if you want smooth or crunchy).

Plus - when you buy a jar you'll find that the oil has risen to the top and the peanut butter has sunk. So you'll have to stir it up (microwave it (without the metal jar top on - of course) and that will help make the stirring it up much easier).

If you check most name brand peanut butters... yes they are made with some "bad for you" ingredients. That's why Paul and I buy Adams.

Edit: OH OH! and peanut butter and banana sandwiches are freakin awesome :)

Saffith
11-07-2007, 05:15 PM
If any of you avocado-haters are ever feeling adventurous, you could try this:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_32237,00.html

I don't much care for them myself, but they make great ice cream. Seriously.