PDA

View Full Version : kinda complicated question

Master Maniac
11-02-2007, 07:52 PM
ok... ive got a dungeon where i have to step on a switch to drop a bridge.

so i enter the room from screen 00 and go to screen 01. before you hit the switch, the bridge is raised. so you hit the switch which is an insta-warp to a room that looks exactly the same except the bridge is animated to look like its dropping...lets say screen 1a. from there there is a time warp to a room [once again exactly the same] where the bridge is lowered [screen 1b]. now ive got side warps where the edges are and i kno how to get out. However, my problem is that i dont know how to set screen 00 to go to screen 1b after doing the puzzle. i thought about making the switch a step>next [secret] type combo and using the secret flags to meke every tile in screen 1a warps. the problem with this is that when entering from screen 00, the screen will scroll into 01 and then warp to 1b.

can anyone help me?

The_Amaster
11-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah, you can't switch side warps, but you don't need to. Just use combo cycling. Do you know how that works?

Master Maniac
11-02-2007, 08:50 PM
umm no not at all

The_Amaster
11-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Okay, it's like animation, only using switching combos instead of animation frames. Basically, under a combos attributes, theres a "cycles to" box and some other variable where you set the speed. These two tell it which combos to turn to and when. Thus, you set up your secrets so that when activated, a new combo looking like your bridge but animating shows up. Then when the animation ends, it cycles to another combo, but one that is just solid and down.
Make sense...kinda?

Master Maniac
11-02-2007, 09:27 PM
oh ok... i kinda understand... can you set when it cycles [as in if you step on a certain tile]? also, how do i make an animation only play through once?

The_Amaster
11-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Sorry, yeah, your going to have three combos here.

First- Bridge up- Sits there.
Second- The one set up for cycling. It is set to flag 16, and you set it over the bridge. So, it is animated, and the timing is set up so that after the animation, it cycles to combo three.
Third- And this is the finished, walkable bridge.

Master Maniac
11-02-2007, 09:34 PM
ok thank you a lot... this might be useful to some newcomers if they always take the long way out [like me XD]

EDIT: oh i just remembered, ive had problems using secret tiles. instead of a treasure chest, a gray box appears. it still acts like a chest, but its just a gray box. [i havent tried any other secret combos other than chests yet]

Russ
11-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Are you sure you set the right flag with the corrosponding secret tile? And did you set the undercombo for the open chest?

Master Maniac
11-02-2007, 11:13 PM
umm i set the tiered flag as armos>item like someone told me to...[ i dont quite remember who ] and the conbo type itself is a treasure chest.

i dont remember if i set the undercombo, but it happens when the chest is closed too, so i dont think thats the problem

XutaWoo
11-02-2007, 11:17 PM
The Armor->Item is for items, not treasure chest. Put that off.

Select the treasure chest combo you want, go to tools/data, click on undercombos, and press "Set" or something like that.

Russ
11-03-2007, 12:33 AM
No. You have to put armos-item on treasure chest. If you're using 2.10, make the chest a slash combo, if you're using 2.11, use treasure chest combos. Make the room type special item and the item whatever you want in the chest. Set the undercombo to be the opened chest.

Joe123
11-03-2007, 08:19 AM
you have to put armos->item on treasure chest combos in 2.11 aswell you know...

Master Maniac
11-03-2007, 01:06 PM
would not setting the under combo effect the chest even when its closed? and i thought you were supposed to put the open chest combo after the closed chest combo and that would do it automatically?

Russ
11-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Oh, duh. You have to set the undercombo only in 2.10. In 2.5 it changes to the next combo in the list.

Master Maniac
11-03-2007, 02:46 PM
then why does it still only show a gray box? ive done everything like you said and its still just a gray box that acts like a treasure chest.

it knows which combo to use cuz all the walkable spaces are the same as the combo, i think it just screws up the graphics or something