PDA

View Full Version : Me again with another problem.

Dann Woolf
11-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Whenever I test out my quest, Link runs around like Sonic the Hedgehog on crack. How do I slow him down?

erm2003
11-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Press F1 to toggle your throttle (or look for it in the menu options). It should fix it.

LostInHyru1e
11-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Of perhaps you have cheats activated and accidentally pressed "Q" for hyperspeed?

Dann Woolf
11-02-2007, 10:42 AM
Also, another question, and I'll probably post any questions I have in this topic btw:

I've got a cave with an NPC giving Link a sword, however the NPC shows up on the actual screen, the text won't dissapear, and Link can't move. How do I fix this.

erm2003
11-02-2007, 06:01 PM
On the screen with the cave entrance, make sure you are using an overworld dmap and have the screen set up as a Special Item screen and make the sword the special item. You can then set the guy and the string. Set the tile warp to screen 80. The guy, string, and item should be in the cave now that you have it set up as a special item screen with the proper dmap settings. I hope I have everything.

You may also find the link below helpful. It's Alphadawg's ZC tutorial. It may be for an older version, but the info there still applies for a lot of the basic ZC tricks of the trade.
www.ermock.com/zctutorial

Dann Woolf
11-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Alright, sweet. Like I said, any questions I have will be posted here, and I have another three.

I have a screen set up to act as my title screen. How can I prevent items from being used on that screen?

Oh, and is there a list of what each item does, exactly?

And, uh, I noticed treasure chest tiles in ZC's default tileset, how does that work?

Russ
11-03-2007, 12:19 PM
You're using 2.11, right? So on the title screen's dmap, go to the disable tab and disable all the items. If you're using 2.10, you can't disable the items. I think there is a list of the 2.10 items at the ZC wiki (do a google search for it). And for treasure chests, do this: But the treasure chest combo down (make sure it's combo type is treasure chest), place the armos item flag on, make the room type special item, set the special item to be whatever you want inside the chest, and then set the opened chest combo as the undercombo. If you're using 2.10, do the same thing but make the treasure chest combo a slash combo. Oh, and here (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99060)is a list I made of what the new items for 2.11 do.

Dann Woolf
11-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Thanks.

Here's another question.

Can you make your own NPCs/guys? If so, how?

If I'm asking too many questions, sorry. But it's the only way to learn these kind of things.

Oh, and when I try to use cheats, and go into the Link Data menu, Zclassic crashes. WTF?

michal9000
11-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Here's another question.
Can you make your own NPCs/guys? If so, how?

yes what you do is find i blank npc then edit the tile which it is set too.

Oh, and when I try to use cheats, and go into the Link Data menu, Zclassic crashes. WTF?
as for this its probably a bug?

Dann Woolf
11-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Alright, next question.

In the list of screen flags, I noticed two "Use as save screen" flags.

Would someone mind explaining how they work?

Russ
11-05-2007, 01:34 PM
I think they have something to do with the save combos. I know with a save combo, if you step on it and press enter, you can save your game. If you go to the ZC documentation wiki (do a google search for it), I think there is a page that lists what the screen flags do.

Dann Woolf
11-05-2007, 02:47 PM
No, there's nothing on save combos.