PDA

View Full Version : Luigi Unlockable in Mario Galaxy

Warlock
11-01-2007, 12:18 PM
http://kotaku.com/gaming/spoiler/hidden-playable-character-in-mario-galaxy-revealed-317469.php

http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/10/mario_galaxy_guide.jpg <-- see bottom right screenshot

Yes, Luigi will be playable once again in a proper Super Mario adventure, but only after you've secured 120 stars, completed the purple coin missions, and defeated Bowser a second time. According to the alleged guide scan "Luigi jumps higher and further, and also runs faster, but has trouble stopping. They each have the same moves, such as the long-jump or backflip, but the difference in their basic jump, running speed, and stopping ability makes completing the game harder.

w00t!

Din
11-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Wow, Luigi? This is going to be a game to get.

MasterSwordUltima
11-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Thats Mama Luigi to y*facepalmed*

Interesting to note that if Luigi were to don some cleats, he'd be unstoppable. Pfft, being able to jump higher and run faster doesn't make it harder to play as you.

Radium
11-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Pre-ordered!

DarkDragoonX
11-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Nintendo seems to be going out of their way to ensure that the two big titles they have coming up (SSBB and Super Mario Galaxy) are as awesome as humanly possible. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

ShadowTiger
11-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Aye, it's always nice to have added replay to games like these. ... Not that they aren't already big enough, thankfully.

I do wonder what else they could do to expand gameplay before its release.

vegeta1215
11-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Sounds neat, but what are you supposed to do once you get him? You pretty much have to do everything in the game to get him in the first place - and to me replaying the game with him sounds only slightly better than getting 100 lives handed to you by Yoshi for collecting all 120 stars in Mario 64.

I dunno, maybe beating the game with him will unlock something else.

SpacemanDan
11-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Ahh, hidden goodies from other hidden goodies.

I guess you could play through again, or maybe areas that don't look reachable at all will become reachable with Luigi? I dunno, I'm throwing it out there. :P

Dechipher
11-01-2007, 07:35 PM
It's basically like a "hard" version of the game. I'm down with that.

Banon
11-01-2007, 11:50 PM
For me, I'll probably take a long break from the game after I get Luigi, otherwise, the game will be really boring. Also, do you think the dialogue will difer from Mario to Luigi other than their names?

MottZilla
11-02-2007, 12:22 AM
I heard Mario Galaxy was released in japanese with alot less than expected buzz. Infact there were more people waiting for 360 stuff than waiting to get Mario Galaxy.

Warlock
11-02-2007, 12:26 AM
I heard Mario Galaxy was released in japanese with alot less than expected buzz. Infact there were more people waiting for 360 stuff than waiting to get Mario Galaxy.

And I heard it had 700,000 preorders...

Edit: Incidentally, all the reports I saw were basically "Well, we didn't see a lot of people standing in line"... so? The game was produced in rediculous quantities. Would you stand in line for something you can walk into a store and pickup at any time with no worry that it will be sold out?

Nicholas Steel
11-02-2007, 01:28 AM
im pretty sure if you get 120 stars and face bowser for the first time it will unlock luigi too, but i got nothin' to back that up =)

Warlock
11-02-2007, 10:17 AM
http://gonintendo.com/?p=28642

Well, I guess the Japanese were sneaking around to pick up Galaxy while no one was looking! The rough first day estimates have come in from Enterbrain, and it appears that over 130,000 copies of Super Mario Galaxy were sold on launch day. That should put full week sales somewhere in-between 500,000 to 700,000 if all goes well. The best news is, I know North America will most likely beat that number!

AKA - don't believe all the crap you read :P

MasterSwordUltima
11-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Enterbrain? As in the RPG Maker people!? They're still around? Did not know this... I thought after RMXP they went ka-put.

Warlock
11-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Enterbrain? As in the RPG Maker people!? They're still around? Did not know this... I thought after RMXP they went ka-put.

No clue, though I assume this place is some sort of stat-gathering company.

KJAZZ
11-03-2007, 10:43 PM
The man in green, eh? Very nice. I'm pretty sure I'd aim to collect all 120 stars regardless, but this sounds like a very nifty bonus.

I really should get around to pre-ordering this game...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enterbrain

Hmm. Not quite.