PDA

View Full Version : Walkable Water

Joe123
10-31-2007, 11:32 AM
If you're using 'Link drowns in walkable water' and Link has the flippers, does he still drown in walkable water?

Din
10-31-2007, 03:11 PM
He SHOULDN'T drown, if he does, it must be a bug. If he has flippers, he swims.

Joe123
10-31-2007, 03:14 PM
Damn, I want him to drown...
Can we have a quest rule or something so he does...

Russ
10-31-2007, 04:10 PM
Damn, I want him to drown...
Can we have a quest rule or something so he does...
If you don't want him to drown, don't give him the flippers. Unless... Oh! I see what you're trying to do. You want that Oracle of Ages style deep water that Link will drown in even if he has the flippers. Ya, this should be added as a quest rule. After some developer finds the time to compile another Windows build, that is.

Joe123
10-31-2007, 04:25 PM
no, I want lava :P
But yeah, same principles apply.

Din
10-31-2007, 05:26 PM
Isn't there a new ZScript command? LA_DROWNING? You could make lava just by doing a minor script!

EDIT: Gah! Won't be out until next build! Oh well, how long could that take right?

Joe123
10-31-2007, 05:30 PM
Ahhhh, I might have to look into that...
Veeery interesting :D

bluedeath
11-17-2007, 10:23 PM
If this would be added it would be a good idea to put the Green Square (continue point) of where Link respawns when he drowns and then looses a Heart or a half.

DarkDragon
11-17-2007, 11:26 PM
If you don't want him to drown, don't give him the flippers. Unless... Oh! I see what you're trying to do. You want that Oracle of Ages style deep water that Link will drown in even if he has the flippers. Ya, this should be added as a quest rule. After some developer finds the time to compile another Windows build, that is.

If this would be added it would be a good idea to put the Green Square (continue point) of where Link respawns when he drowns and then looses a Heart or a half.

No. (And I hope L is reading this too.)
2.50 will never be released if we're constantly adding new features and dozens of counterintuitive quest rules. Once 2.50 is released, we can add stuff like a true Deep Water combo. Until then, work with what you've got, or use scripting.

Freedom
11-18-2007, 03:17 AM
No. (And I hope L is reading this too.)
2.50 will never be released if we're constantly adding new features and dozens of counterintuitive quest rules. Once 2.50 is released, we can add stuff like a true Deep Water combo. Until then, work with what you've got, or use scripting.

Bravo :clap:
DN closes Beta suggestions forum so they turn the Discussion forum into suggestions.
Blah

Gleeok
11-18-2007, 04:07 AM
Look guys, everyone has only a few suggestions for new little stuff, but you know what? It adds up to alot when you've got like 10 people asking for various things. I've said this before, but if you want a new feature, post it in the scripting requests forum. Those are usually responded to fairly quickly.

I'd like to see a b18 this year.

Nimono
11-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Guys, PLEASE! If you REALLY want Deep Water and Lava... WHY NOT USE MY SCRIPTS? I made them for the purpose of being USED, not to give you ideas for the next big ZC feature! It saddens me that you want them put into ZC as a feature as if they're not possible yet, even though I released scripts for them like, 2 weeks or so ago. :(