PDA

View Full Version : Freeform Dungeon Bombable Wall Problem

Megafont
10-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Ok, I have in my ZC v2.10 quest, a freeform dungeon area that I'm working on. Well, it's not actually a dungeon, its the inside of a house. I have a bombable wall on the left wall near the upper corner of my room.

I can bomb it, and then walk through into the secret room. The problem is that when I walk back out of the secret room, the door has reverted back to the cracked wall combo. The way the cracked wall combo is set up, is that I put a bomb flag on it, and then set the secret combo so that it changes to the hole in the wall combo after you bomb it.

How do I make it so that when you bomb the wall there, it stays open like you'd expect a wall to do after you explode it?:tongue:

The_Amaster
10-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Make the map "Interior" instead of "dungeon". It's identical in most respects, and secrets are permanent.

Megafont
10-30-2007, 09:56 PM
I'd try that, but unfortunately that option is not in ZQuest 2.10 in the DMap Type list. So I assume that's probably one of the new things in v2.5.

Russ
10-30-2007, 10:03 PM
I think interior type dmaps are called cave type dmaps. Select that and the problem should resolve.

SpykStorm
10-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Try the "Cave" type then. In 2.5 they renamed "Cave" into "Interior" so there the same thing.

edit: russadwan beat me..

Megafont
10-31-2007, 12:05 AM
Ok, that got it working. I didn't know they changed the name of cave in v2.5, and I haven't played with that version yet actually.

I'm glad these forums have plenty of nice, helpful people in them. :)
Thanks for the help!

The_Amaster
10-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Glad to be of service. :cool: