PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Brothers Brawl STAGE EDITOR!!!

Din
10-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Forget waiting for our stage to come through! We're making our own! The newest edition to Brawl, the stage editor, is finally here. You can make your own personal stage. You may want to make it nice, :saint: but if you are like the rest of us, you want to KILL the other players.:sb:

gdorf
10-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Here is a link:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various10.html

And some highlights:

And I’m happy that this is compatible with SD cards. You don’t have to worry about size, so make as many stages as you like.

Basically, you choose parts from the palette on the side and place them in the field.

The controls vary by controller, but each one can do the following:

* Flip parts left to right
* Enlarge or shrink parts
* Zoom in or out on the screen
* Swap palettes
* Erase

...Among other things.

The_Amaster
10-29-2007, 06:34 PM

Oh My Frickin Gawhd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Man, Sonic, Meta Knight, And A Stage Editor. This Is The best Game Ever!!!

erm2003
10-29-2007, 07:28 PM
Yeah, this is going to be pretty bad ass. You can create stages, save them, send them to friends, and even submit them to Nintendo. I guess they want to have a special stage each day that you can download made by different users who submitted their work. Pretty cool move to keep the game fresh every day.

Russ
10-29-2007, 07:36 PM
OMG! Stage editor!!! I am going to die if I don't get this game. May'be AGN should hold a contest to see who can make the best stage...

Radium
10-29-2007, 07:36 PM
I can't wait to get my hands on this one! w00t! I like how the stage of the day is a once in a lifetime thing.

Imprisoned
10-30-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm going to marry this game when it comes out.

Banon
10-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Online play plus stage editor? Smash Bros. takes everything fun in a video game, and puts it together.

ShadowTiger
10-31-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm going to marry this game when it comes out.No way am I letting my girl cheat on me with some other guy. :blah:

About once a week, I'm going to be sending a really cool level to anyone interested. I'd planned to do this since the news of its inclusion in Brawl.

Aegix Drakan
10-31-2007, 09:50 AM
>_< Once again, I curse my lack of high speed internet. :P When I get my own place in a few years, I'll subscribe to your level making services ST.

The_Amaster
10-31-2007, 10:00 AM
>_< Once again I curse my lack of a Wii. When my friend gets Brawl, I'll live at his house for a few weeks.

Aegix Drakan
10-31-2007, 10:16 AM
>_< Once again I curse my lack of a Wii.

:P I'm buying one this Christmas. As long as I don't flunk this year up my ass, they won't complain about it. >_> yes, I still have to do what they say...I live in their house rent free, and...yaddayaddayadda, as they tell me once in a while...

Can't wait to get my own frigging place...I can finally NOT have chicken for supper every night.

AlexMax
10-31-2007, 10:20 AM
Why in the hell does every stage in brawl seem like it has a 'gimmick' where it changes or shifts or whatever.

I hope there's an option to turn the 'gimmicks' off and just have the plain stage layout. Anyone who has ever played Pokeflats and Big Blue in SSBM knows how terrible of an idea dynamic stages are (though in all fairness, Pokemon Stadium and Rainbow Cruise were tolerable, and Brainstar was actually kind of fun). I want to say that it probably won't be implemented, but I've been surprised by this game before.

Warlock
10-31-2007, 10:33 AM
Please don't blame the terribleness of the Pokemon Balloon stage to the fact that it "used a gimmick". It was just a terrible stage, period.

Also:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/stage01.html
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/stage03.html
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/stage06.html
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/stage13.html

And to a lesser extent:
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/stage07.html (somewhat, it's just a scrolling stage like the Ice Climber one in SSBM)
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/stage14.html (I don't know if the Chimaera counts as a "gimmick", but the stage doesn't change)
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/stage08.html (the floors crumble into "non-solid" floors, which basically just means you can jump down from them or jump up through them.. that's about it)

Petoe
10-31-2007, 12:47 PM
A ****** STAGE EDITOR??? HOLY ****! O_O

Stage editor is the best news ever, and I mean EVER!
I simply love editors! Though that shouldn't be a big surprise as some of you know how much I love creating games with Zelda Classic. ;)
But really, I love making my own stuff, and no matter how bad a game is, as long as there is a track/field editor in the game, it increases the life of the game for me incredibly!

SSBB will turly be the best game ever made. There's no doubt about it anymore.

MasterSwordUltima
10-31-2007, 01:14 PM
Actually, a Character Creator Mode would make this game perfect. One with a crazy amount of stuff to add, edit the exact specifications, and different styles of characters [such as cartoonish, like Mario and Ness, more life-like/anime such as Link and Ike, and animal/creature like Pokemon and Bowser.]

Think about fighting Trogdor Vs. Pit on a custom made stage. With Dethklok playing in the background. THAT is epic.

Din
10-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Yeah, that would be sweet. Of course, you should be able to combine characters! You could easily make King Gannonidas for Brawl, which is a combination of Snake, Bowser, and Gannondorf. That would suck for the Jirbychu, (a combination of Kirby, Jigglypuff, and Pikachu,)

Dechipher
10-31-2007, 02:05 PM
This is just getting ridiculous.

I'm referring to the thread, of course.

Rijuhn
10-31-2007, 05:33 PM
OR HOW ABOUT A MUSIC EDITOR, WHERE YOU CAN LuLz OVER THE AWESOMENESS OF THE LEGEND OF SUPER METROID 64 YOU MADE, WOULDN'T THAT BE THE BESTESTS!?! :tongue:

I can't wait to buy this game though, and the level editor is certainly the greatest incentive for me.

Skulkraken
11-01-2007, 01:51 AM
To be perfectly honest, I find the 'vanilla' stages like Final Destination and Battlefield to be, well, too plain for my tastes. Eh, I guess I'm in the minority, as far as stage preferences go. ... Is that the fish from Balloon Fighter I see jumping out of the water in the Ice Climber stage?

Imprisoned
11-01-2007, 08:28 AM
What's wrong with the "gimmicks"? Of course there are going to be stages with no "gimmicks" like there was in SSBM (Kongo Jungle N64, Final Destination, Battlefield, Mushroom Kingdom + more). But do you want an ordinary fighting game with nothing special? I don't.

ShadowTiger
11-01-2007, 09:13 AM
To be perfectly honest, I find the 'vanilla' stages like Final Destination and Battlefield to be, well, too plain for my tastes. Eh, I guess I'm in the minority, as far as stage preferences go. ... Is that the fish from Balloon Fighter I see jumping out of the water in the Ice Climber stage?

Well, you've got party games, and then you've got games that you absolutely excel at. There are people who play SSB/M/B because it's fun and entertaining, and a great game to play with friends, ... and then you've got people who take it so seriously that you can't even hope to touch them as long as you play. The latter category of people prefer their matches niiiice and even. No gimmick should get in the way of their immortal combat, and if it does, it should be something that their expertise can easily bypass without a second thought. Hence where the flat stages come in. It's pure combat with no intervention. No "Argh, the platform up there saved you. That won't happen next time!" It's pure skill or it's nothing.

The_Amaster
11-01-2007, 10:07 AM
It's also skill to know stages so well that you can predict their gimmick and take advantage of it. If you know when a platform appears, and your opponent doesn't, well, that just means you practiced more and were a better fighter.

ShadowTiger
11-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Indeed. I just played a match as Samus against a pretty good Mario player on Brinstar Depths in Melee. I spent the majority of the time battling on the top, then when the sides were about to tip, I "fell" down to the sides, where Mario pursued me. When the stage began to tip so that side would become the underside, you just have to remember your training. Samus has a nasty Aerial Spike, which you can then follow up with two bombs to propel you upward slightly into a position to use your Grapple Beam on a wall, then walljump back up to the safety of the level, all before your opponent has even respawned.

The reasoning for the flat levels are that it's fair to everyone. Even if I used that technique on a flat level as Samus, I can still fairly easily be knocked off by someone just standing on the safety of the ledge. It's not enough to have an advantage over another player. (I.e. the addition of a life-saving grapple beam.) You have to really know how to use it, as well as knowing how to use it in the face of an enemy who can potentially know how to abuse it and to counter your own recovery. Mario's cape is, as we all know, the bane of recovery moves everywhere. (Marth/Roy, Fox/Falco, Falcon/Ganondorf, Yoshi, Ness, etc) lol

punkonjunk1024
11-02-2007, 06:32 AM
...I can't even tell you the number of bricks I shat when I saw this on the SSBB website. I mean, I can build a small shanty now. A shit-brick shanty. And play brawl in it. Seriously, my friends make fun of me for making such a big deal out of editors and hacking materials. And then fucking brawl has it.
Bricks bricks bricks bricks bricks