PDA

View Full Version : Link Tile Modifyers

Russ
10-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Wow do I feel stupid right now. Yes I know I spelled modifyeres wrong. Anyways, here is my questions: how exactly do Link tile modifyeres work? I just need something that will make Link only look up to ue in a climbing script. How do I set the item to modify Link's sprites?

Gleeok
10-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Link tile modyfires work as such: ...Actually just do this;
Open up a default template, now see the different Link holding shield sprites? Good. Go to item properties->shields and look at what number is in the box. if it is -20 for example, and Link sprites start at 40. When link has that shield it subtracts that amount from the default sprite in Graphics->Link.

Also, sorry I just had to make the Modifier joke. :p

Russ
10-28-2007, 11:24 PM
Okay, thanks. Now all I have to do is count out the number of tiles between page 1 and 214, and enter that number into the item box. This could take a while. :sweat:

Gleeok
10-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Okay, thanks. Now all I have to do is count out the number of tiles between page 1 and 214, and enter that number into the item box. This could take a while. :sweat:

Why don't you simply move them all to page 214??? :odd:

Russ
10-29-2007, 12:07 AM
Hmm, never thought of that. But last time I tries moving around Link's sprites, it messed up my whole quest. I think all I'll have to do is get the tile number of the new sprites, subtract whatever Link's sprites normally start at from that, and then input the differebce into the Link tile modifier box. Thanks again. I'm in a good mood. You get good reputation.

Edit: Wierd, my system won't let me give you any reputation. It says I have to spread some around first. Strange.

Joe123
10-29-2007, 03:47 AM
You should be alright moving all your Link tiles down to about there, I think mine are on 211+ and they work find :thumbsup:

erm2003
10-29-2007, 05:41 AM
Edit: Wierd, my system won't let me give you any reputation. It says I have to spread some around first. Strange.

You have to give rep to 10 different people before you can give it to someone again. So try again after you rep others. If you need more info look at the sticky thread in the New Members forum.

The_Amaster
10-29-2007, 06:40 PM
If you don't want to move your tiles, and you don't want to count them, just work out how many tiles to a page, multiply by 214, and then subtract from the ends.

(And if you need to give out some rep, I'll gladly take some ;))

Russ
10-29-2007, 06:42 PM
If you don't want to move your tiles, and you don't want to count them, just work out how many tiles to a page, multiply by 214, and then subtract from the ends.

(And if you need to give out some rep, I'll gladly take some ;))

That is what I was planning on doing. Gave you some rep btw, since I relized I never even so much as said thanks when you answered all my questions when I first started quest making.