10-28-2007, 11:18 AM
if(usecape == 1){
timer3++;
if(timer3 == 15){switch2 = 1;}
if(switch2 == 1 && Link->Z > 18){
Link->Item[invis] = true;
timer2++;
Link->InputA = false; Link->InputB = false;
if(Link->Dir == DIR_UP){Screen->DrawTile(2, Link->X, Link->Y-22, tile2, 1, 1, 6, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, true, 128);}
if(Link->Dir == DIR_DOWN){Screen->DrawTile(2, Link->X, Link->Y-22, tile2+1, 1, 1, 6, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, true, 128);}
if(Link->Dir == DIR_LEFT){Screen->DrawTile(2, Link->X, Link->Y-22, tile2+2, 1, 1, 6, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, true, 128);}
if(Link->Dir == DIR_RIGHT){Screen->DrawTile(2, Link->X, Link->Y-22, tile2+3, 1, 1, 6, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, true, 128);}
if(Link->Z <18){usecape = 0; Link->Item[invis] = false; switch2 = 0; timer2 = 0; timer3 = 0;}
if(timer2 == 60){usecape = 0; Link->Item[invis] = false; switch2 = 0; timer2 = 0; timer3 = 0;}
}
}

Right, so I modified the hover boots and the feather into the cape. The only problem with it though really is that when you move between two screens whilst flying, Link dissapears, because he's just a little drawtile function :P

Can anyone think of a better way of doing this? That doesn't involve FFCs?
This if clause is just part of the global script. I thought of making the LTM actually make Link into flying Link rather than invisible Link and drawtile, but it's taken quite a lot of effort to get invisible Link with my arrangement of Link tiles, and I don't really want to have to use up another tilesheet and a half of Link tiles.

Here we go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZRNcXvUi1E

I forgot to show it leaving the screen though. Ah well, I'm sure you can all imagine what happens.

ShadowMancer
10-29-2007, 08:03 PM
So, you want Link to float and be invisible right?
You already got the LTM to make him invisible so all you need to do is just set Link's Z with a script

Link->Z = n

then just set his Z back to normal when not useing the item

Just watched the video.. it's SUPER LINK!!!
looks cool.

EDIT: ur, I need to read slower *D'oh*
so you don't want to use drawtile and you don't want to use LTM's nor FFC's *THINKING...THINKING...*
Well you don't need a full set of Link tiles for just four directions of movement, depending on how you have your tiles setup you may be able to use the same technique as the original big sheild LTM just put the four directional flying Link tiles before your other Link tiles then use minus whatever for the LTM. Hope that makes sense, I can't give exact numbers w/out seeing your setup. That is all I can think of right now, without LTMs,FFCs or Drawing your kind of limited..

bigjoe
10-29-2007, 11:49 PM
These videos you've been posting are interesting. I would definitely like a hands on, one of these days. :D I feel inspired to try to do more scripting myself.

Russ
10-30-2007, 12:22 AM
Joe, how is that you went from no scripting knowledge to being able to perform miracles via script in two weeks? You're inspiring me to try to learn to script. Not that that will ever happen or anything but...
Anyways, those scripts look neat. Climbing ladders, roc's cape, actually playing the ocarina! With scripting, Zelda Classic is slowly becoming The Minish Cap Classic.

The_Amaster
10-30-2007, 09:10 AM
Joe, I'm not sure if scripts can define Links movement(although I think they can), but if they can, then here what you can do is:
1.)Set his Z to some high number
2.)Change his sprites to "Fly"
3.)Gradually decrease his Z over time so that he slowly falls to the ground.
Does this sound at all feasable?

Joe123
10-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Urrrr...
Well thanks guys, but I see that two of you here have tried to tell me how to make Link fly, when he already does if you watch the video ;)

It's just the hoverboots. And I've decided that I will use Link Tile modifiers and stop being lazy :P

I'm also glad to inspire other people :D
Although I think a hands on is going to be a long way off, seeing as I've made about as much as in that video and then managed to just grind to a halt, messing around with making the old things work better. Like where the guard stops you from entering the forest. Now he shouts and you walk over to him, rather than just warping there. I also need that burn combo script :(

And thanks Russ, but I'm really not performing miracles here...
Although, yes, you should learn Zscript :P It's quite simple and you can really improve your quest no end with it.

The_Amaster
10-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Ohhh, he does fly in the video. I thought that you said that he's just invisible, and it only looks like he's flying. Although typing it now, it doesn't make much sense.

Joe123
10-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Ohhh, I get what you mean.
I could do something like that, but it would mean that you'd still take damage from Link's shadow, which would be a bit strange.
Besides, this way is easier anyway.

The_Amaster
10-30-2007, 06:50 PM
No, I'm not saying you should do that, I'm saying I thought you did that.
Sorry. Your original idea is good.

Joe123
10-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Ohhhh, I get you, sorry.
And thanks :P

ShadowMancer
10-31-2007, 12:47 AM
Burn baby burn! :D
see the burn->Next script here:
CLICK ME! (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1149066&postcount=8)

its untested blah blah blah (see the SSMW)
hope it works for ya

Joe123
10-31-2007, 03:43 AM
O.o can you explain how it works please? What's this about an extra sword and things?

ShadowMancer
10-31-2007, 04:21 PM
Um, well it looks like I was a bit hasty in posting this script. It needs some modifications yet to make it work correctly. The stabby sword is another script I am working on, just so happens both scripts will utilize the same function (getWeap()) Its just an FFC sword that will always stab even if Link has slash, so people can have the option of either.

Joe123
10-31-2007, 04:26 PM
ohhhh.
I was worried that the burn->Next script was going to have some extra sword nonsense as a part of it then. That really did worry me :P