PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

jiraiya
10-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Hi all,

Sorry for the lame question, but with all the versions and add-on i'm no longer sure if i'm playing the right game. I just want the original Zelda...is that the one where at the beggining you are in the woods, can go E,W N or down in the hole to be given a sword? And somthing with Tri Force...is that the original quest1?

Also, there is a map button asigned (space) but nothing happens when i press it. Is that normal? I'm wonderind since that forest is a maze and a map would be helpful. X and Z keys are asigned but don't work either.

Thanks for the help.

Pineconn
10-24-2007, 08:18 PM
In order to play the original Zelda, create a new file name. And then start it. Simple as that. The opening screen should look a little something like this, but the graphics will be radically different:

http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/screenshots/tweak01ss03.gif

(The reason the graphics in that shot are better than the original game's graphics is that the screenshot I provided is out of a remake.)

erm2003
10-24-2007, 08:20 PM
It sounds like you found the first quest. You should be able to continue playing from there and be well on your way.

As for the other issues, the map button won't do anything because the feature wasn't a part of the original game. If you do a quick search on google for Zelda maps I am sure you can find a ton of material pertaining to the quest if you get stuck.

The X and Z keys I am guessing are mapped to L and R, which means once you find items you can use with the B button, those two keys will cycle through them instead of having to go to the subscreen each time you want to switch items. If you go to the menu (press ESC when playing) you can find the keyboard settings and change the keys if you desire. Just make sure you don't accidentally map the same keystroke to two different commands.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

jiraiya
10-25-2007, 05:16 AM
Thank you for the help, everything is fine now.

Cheers