PDA

View Full Version : Which playable characters would you like see in a quest?

Gleeok
10-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Well I just realized with scripting and the item editor it'd be super easy to make something like a character select screen, and have different playable characters. I've also thought "hey, why stop there?" "Let's have each character only be able to aquire certain weapons, items, magic, and skills." Sorta like a class system. Of coarse, you could throw in an EXP system and a leveling up system with scripting also. So anyone have some good idea's or sprites laying around?

Anarchy_Balsac
10-24-2007, 07:33 AM
There are other programs out there which can do this much easier than zelda classic(ie. without any scripting) but I would say if you wanna do something like this make it:

Samus
Luigi
theDOOMguy
Garfield the cat

Just my personal preferences.

Din
10-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Yeah, it is possible to do a character select screen. I am trying to do this for my game, maybe it will be some more help. Thanks Gleeok!:D Also, the Final Fantasy Color tileset on PureZC has red mage tiles, black mage tiles, white mage tiles, and a few more, maybe that would work, which classes do you want specifically?

Gleeok
10-25-2007, 05:28 AM
Garfield?! Uuh...wtf? Well I suppose that could be an unlockable character.:googly: :lol: Well maybe that's not a bad idea, have one that is very weak to make the game super challenging. Maybe pikachu? I friggin hate pokemon that much. I'll animate the sprites to look like he's whacking off when he walks.. Ahahahaha!!

Samus: Got the sprites from mmxl.(that was easy) I'm thinking archer type: long range, weak power, but some handy scripted weapons.(Actually I think C- already scripted some)

I wanted to replace Link with Frog, but I am horrible at player sprites. I think i'll leave Link in just to make the game easier if you pick him, but I won't give him any special treatment.

Also, the Final Fantasy Color tileset on PureZC has red mage tiles, black mage tiles, white mage tiles, and a few more, maybe that would work, which classes do you want specifically?

Well I was trying to get away from the fighter, black mage, white mage, archer thing. Here's what I've got so far as possibilities:

Samus
Frog
Dragon Warrior(whatever his name is)
Pikachu?
Golbez(Black mage)...I totally fkn forgot where those sprites went though:mad:
Cecil(white magic spells)
Some mage..?(spells only, no physical attacks)
Oh, and link... :sweat:

What the idea i'm having is: using a global script to handle all the item scripts, should be fairly easy...something like regen would use the item script to access the global that loads an ffc script that increases players HP every second, where a hold spell does the same thing and loads an ffc to the locatation of an enemy and immobilizes it for a short time. I do foresee some potentail problems with direct damage ffc's though, i'll have to work on that...anyway, does someone know where to get some resized Frog sprites, I have failed miserably at these:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/Tiamat_AD/zelda012.png

Anarchy_Balsac
10-25-2007, 05:55 AM
Weak? You are no where near familiar with garfield if you think he is weak. Hell kicking a dog so hard that you time travel him has got to take strength.

Gleeok
10-25-2007, 06:13 AM
Weak? You are no where near familiar with garfield if you think he is weak. Hell kicking a dog so hard that you time travel him has got to take strength.

Huh, I didn't know they made a garfield game...if you've got any Garfield sprites i'll add him.

Nicholas Steel
10-25-2007, 06:18 AM
where did you gather from his post that a game exists?

Anarchy_Balsac
10-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Though there are indeed several garfield games which existed(most known is the sega genesis one) I wasn't referring to any. Just refering to the fact that garfield isn't weak.

Gleeok
10-25-2007, 07:17 AM
where did you gather from his post that a game exists?

Well the part about time travel for one. I used to read the comics and watch the cartoon when I was a kid and I don't remember nofin 'bout no time machine in Odie's ass. :p

..Howed that go? Suprizes...disquises...and pies of(and pies of) all sizes!!! Come on in, come to the place where fun never ends...Hhahahaa I just had a flashback to a much simpler time....:(

Anarchy_Balsac
10-25-2007, 07:41 AM
I was referring to when he kicked odie into next week. That's only one example of garfield showing incredible strength though, there are others.

Edit - I think you should diversify those choices some. Keep garfield as the secret guy but make replacements to some of those choices so that you don't get a bunch of characters from the same game. Put theDOOMguy as the holy mage, remove pikachu and replace him with something better, like mario. Put solid snake in as a hard to use, but very effective when used right warrior, etc.

Imprisoned
10-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Sorry, what are we talking about? Zelda Classic? WHAT? Okay...scripting is turning ZC into something else... a Super Smash Bros ZC Edition?
(Well, then get a bunch of characters from the 2d games, probably gameboy... it could make a nice result, for perhaps take Mario, Luigi and Bowser from Superstar Saga (or Partners in Time), Yoshi from SMW, Kirby from a Dream Land game, Link from... hmm... MC or LttP... and stuff like that.)

But then, expanding this idea more, we could do remakes of various games, such as Mario Tennis & Kart, SSB/SC, Tekken, and various games featuring a character select...

Good luck... but, I wouldn't say it's "super easy" for those people who don't know a piece of crap about scripting.

Gleeok
10-29-2007, 09:10 AM
New character! It's the Tonberry.
Attacks have variable attack strength (not implemented yet), and chance for a instant KO. works on bosses too. :) (that part should already work)
Special attack- Everyone's grudge: I'll have to think about what this does...
That makes...well two so far...hmm. I have gathered and recolored the sprites for Dragoon, Samus, and Fighter at least. I'm just busy I guess.

Some shots:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/Tiamat_AD/zelda010-1.gif_http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/Tiamat_AD/zelda022.png
_______________________________________________^^h e's right there

Comments, suggestions, general ranting?

Edit; Ah shit, I realized I almost forgot Megaman.

Anarchy_Balsac
10-29-2007, 11:13 AM
I'd prefer if there was only one character from each series, it's more interesting that way, unlesss you're going to have 100+ characters in which case you could fit them in, but I doubt that. Having 3 from final fantasy is probably not a good idea.