PDA

View Full Version : 2.5 features: Shortcuts, Hotkeys?

Gleeok
10-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Most of the threads in the beta discussion forums that might explain these are obscured and contain dead links. There appears to be no official documentation either.
I read something about a utility key that lets you select many combos straight from the tile page at once, which would save a whole lot of time. Does this exist?

Here's a few new ones that I know about:

B - converts tiles to 8-bit mode.
O - Overlay copied tiles in tilesheet.
O - Swith between dungeon carving, relational, and combo alias mode in zq.
Ctrl O - Underlay tiles in tilesheet.
R - Recolor to closest match when grabbing tiles.
Spacebar - Switches veiw in combo sheet.
C - Copy.
P - Paste.
A - Select all.
Ctrl+Click - Flood fill with selected combo.
Ctrl+Click in secret combo page - Setting up teired secrets.
S - select in pixels when grabbing tiles.
Shift+Click - Selects multiple tiles or combos at once, useful for copy/paste.

ShadowTiger
10-23-2007, 06:47 PM
A - Select all.Whoah. Select what exactly? I haven't heard of this shortcut. Then again, this would appear to be the thread for new discoveries, so... :p

Here's (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32192) the equivalent thread at PureZC. A lot of good stuff all around.

Joe123
10-23-2007, 06:53 PM
A selects all of the combos on a given sheet.

And I think Gleeok just ripped all of the commands from that thread :P

Gleeok
10-23-2007, 10:42 PM
And I think Gleeok just ripped all of the commands from that thread :P

You bastard! These are the ones I already knew about. :glare:

...and "M" when in the tile page "M"akes combos out of the selected tiles. I figured that one out yeserday.

Dark Nation
10-24-2007, 08:29 AM
And the D key sets up tiles for Dungeon Carving or relational mode. So, instead of having to create 48 or 96 tiles, you only have to make 6 or 19.

ShadowTiger's first post in the following thread has links that explain this process.
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95022

Gleeok
10-25-2007, 05:45 AM
And the D key sets up tiles for Dungeon Carving or relational mode. So, instead of having to create 48 or 96 tiles, you only have to make 6 or 19.

ShadowTiger's first post in the following thread has links that explain this process.
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95022

Aaaaaaaaaaahh!!!!!!!!!!! Thou goeseth crazyeth... So, .....Long story short, and I'm leaving the part in about being obsessive compulsive: There doesent seem to be any method to the madness, well my attemp to crack it has failed anyway. I don't understand:

(from a full dungeon carving set): 0, 15, 30, 40, 46, 48, 49, 50, 52, 56, 64, 68, 74, 82, 72, 79, 86, 90, 95.

What exactally is a full dungeon carving set? Which tiles go in the numbers? What does God need with a starship?
Yes, I have downloaded ST's example quest, which didn't really help as it contains the end result tiles and not the means to set them up. I actually have DC tiles that i've set up myself (minus the new ones that "D" would've made) but the method of "auto setup" with D has me baffled.

I'm aware that this might require a bit of explaining, so I offer this pic of all the tiles that would be in a full dungeon set. This should make it easier...I hope.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/Tiamat_AD/zelda011.png

Dark Nation
10-25-2007, 07:50 AM
In the quest file that ShadowTiger linked to, go to tile page 93. That's how unanimated relational water tiles are supposed to look. Go to page 94. That's the compressed format. Page 95 is the animated relational water tiles. Page 96 is the compressed version. Page 97 is a dungeon carving set. Page 98 is the compressed version. Note, however, that extrapolating a full dungeon carving set from the compressed version won't produce pixel-perfect results. It's VERY close, but there are a few tiny issues that can be fixed in about 5 minutes.

Gleeok
10-26-2007, 01:42 AM
Aaah! I must've scrolled past page 98 or something...I don't know how I missed it. Thanks DN, that's actually awesome for drawing custom tiles for DC mode. No touch up required!:) You may not of designed it for this, but as far as i'm concerned, "Graphic generator" just became a new feature.

Also "I" and "shift I" will uh...increment new spaces on the combo page. Just don't use it on combo 0 on builds 635 and under.

Dark Nation
10-26-2007, 07:47 AM
Insert, not increment. :p