PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 Mountain Dew

Masamune
10-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm no where near the Halo bandwagon, but this new Mountain Dew is absolutely delicious! It's like liquified, carbonated gummi bears! Sweet Jesus!

MrCow
10-22-2007, 05:56 PM
eh, I'm not a huge fan of it. Its drinkable and alright, but it's nothing amazing by any means.

Yoshiman
10-22-2007, 08:39 PM
I've heard both ends of people's opinions of the stuff. Some like it, others hate it. I personally really have no intention of trying it, as I'm not really a huge fan of soda in general.

Way to milk the Halo franchise, though. Go Microsoft. :p Now all we need is a shampoo and underwear, a la Mario.

vegeta1215
10-22-2007, 08:53 PM
I haven't had it, but I wish they'd bring back Mountain Dew Pitch Black II (grape-like with a sour bite). I loved that stuff. Darn soda companies and their limited-time-only soda runs!

Archibaldo
10-22-2007, 10:31 PM
They really need to bring back Code Red. That shit was awesome.

MrCow
10-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Code Red never went away... do you mean pitch black?

Pineconn
10-22-2007, 10:39 PM
Though I'm a fan of LiveWire, I realize that it tastes like any regular orange soda, with just a little Mountain Dew-ish flavor. Code Red is awesome (I don't think it went away either) ...and that's pretty much all the flavors I've had.

:unhappy:

Rijuhn
10-23-2007, 12:16 AM
The Mountain Dew Game Fuel tastes like a melted slurpee to me. I still like it though, but it's not my favorite.

Icey
10-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Oh, Code Red is definitely still around. UCLA has it at all the dining halls so I consume it at practically every meal; it's definitely tasty and I'm addicted to it as though it's crack. I've also seen it at pretty much every store around here. I've wanted to try the "game fuel" Mountain Dew, despite it's rather stupid name, because I've heard good things about it... but I've never actually SEEN the stuff.

DarkDragoonX
10-23-2007, 01:05 AM
Despite the incessantly annoying marketing campaign that pushes it, the "game fuel" Mountain Dew is actually pretty good... cherry orange is quite tasty.

copsgotguns
10-23-2007, 06:56 AM
it does taste quite good...too good in fact, it probably gives you cancer.

Grasshopper
10-23-2007, 09:37 AM
I don't like it. It tastes like someone put Pixy Stix in carbonated water.

DarkDragoonX
10-23-2007, 03:54 PM
...it probably gives you cancer.

So does everything else on the planet, apparently.

vegeta1215
10-23-2007, 07:48 PM
They really need to bring back Code Red. That shit was awesome.

If you like Code Red, you should give Vault Red Blitz a try. It's not cherry though, it's berry, and it's awesome. (but very sweet)

Cloral
10-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Ugh. Mountain Dew has too much caffeine for my taste. And I can't say that a drinkable gummy bear sounds like something I would like. The chewyness of gummy bears is what I like about them really.

MrCow
10-23-2007, 09:23 PM
too much caffeine? wow... Even energy drinks barely affect me... and vault is so so at best.

Masamune
10-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Vault is totally disgusting. I really don't see the appeal to it.

Archibaldo
10-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Code Red never went away... do you mean pitch black?

Well then they should bring it back to stores in Quebec. 'Cause I haven't seen a bottle or can of it in like 4 years.

Grasshopper
10-24-2007, 09:47 AM
I drank Red Blitz. At first I didn't like it because the berry had a bitter aftertaste, but I drank the whole bottle, and found myself buying more the next time I went for a pop run doing work. Now when ever I see it in stock at our Dollar Tree, I'll pick up a bottle. I still like Code Red better. But I'll say Red Blitz is leagues better than that nasty Pepsi Blue that was out a few years ago. That left a horrid aftertaste.

Now Pitch Black...I thought that was just like grape soda. I'm not a huge fan of that atificial grape flavor. It tastes nothing like grapes which are awesome fruit. But then they released Pitch Black II, and that tasted more like real grapes and less like the artificial grapes. That was pretty decent. Although, I'd rather just drink grape juice.

What I wish they would brink back is dn*L. I feel like I said this before. But I thought that stuff was awesome. It was 7*up with a hint of a melon taste. It was pretty good. But it disappeared a few years later and was discontinued.

Edit:
I was looking around on wikipedia for flavors of soda, and found this flavor of Pepsi that tasted like Cucumbers. It was released in Japan. Ugh! :sick:

ZTC
10-24-2007, 12:24 PM
I drink it once in a while when I have some money to buy some. :shrug:
I'd rather drink MD Baja Blast at work.

MasterSwordUltima
10-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Game Fuel tasted more like jolly ranchers than gummy bears. You know how like, after you go to the dentist and you can't eat for 30 minutes, so you grab a jolly rancher to atleast get a taste of actual food, but you always feel hungry?

Game Fuel always made me feel hungry...

Also, Holiday Spice Pepsi ftw!

vegeta1215
10-25-2007, 12:03 AM
What I wish they would brink back is dn*L. I feel like I said this before. But I thought that stuff was awesome. It was 7*up with a hint of a melon taste. It was pretty good. But it disappeared a few years later and was discontinued.

Ugh, that stuff was gross. It wanted to be like Surge and Mountain Dew so bad it wasn't even funny. I think the only thing it was good for was to make homemade Surge (add a splash of original Sunny D to some dnL and it takes closer to Surge than Vault does, minus the fizz)

No offense, dnL just left a bad taste in my mouth.

MrCow
10-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Surge was god. I miss surge greatly

Gerudo
10-25-2007, 03:02 AM
Jolt Cola was the bee's knees. Now I sometimes drink NOS.

Or just regular pepsi/dew.

Rainman
10-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm no where near the Halo bandwagon, but this new Mountain Dew is absolutely delicious! It's like liquified, carbonated gummi bears! Sweet Jesus!
I got the same impression about the taste. My brother said it tasted like Hawaiian Punch. I like it though I agree the the Halo 3 tie in is retarded.

Archibaldo
10-26-2007, 10:17 AM
A really nasty soda is Coca Cola Blak. Why the fuck would you want to drink cold, carbonized coffee?

Masamune
10-26-2007, 04:53 PM
Because the bottle looks like a dildo.