PDA

View Full Version : FATAL BUG! In ZC, switching to fullscreen in Misc menu crashes [635]

zcAmazing
10-20-2007, 01:32 AM
1Operating System: Windows Vista 32-Bit Home Edition
Display Driver: NVIDIA
Graphics Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce FX 52001
I had started to run ZC in fullscreen. I tried the feature implemented in ZC's Misc menu to switch to Window just like ZQ. But when I click Fullscreen again, it goes to fullscreen and it crashed, causing my display driver to stop responding (Windows quickly recovers and restarts the driver).

It is a crash that could be detrimental to your display driver and (maybe possible) the video card hardware.

DarkDragon
10-23-2007, 12:23 AM
There's a known bug causing all Allegro programs to occasionally crash when changing video mode (you'll see it occasionally when quitting ZQ as well). I've pestered allegro.cc about it twice now - we'll see if anything comes of it.

Nicholas Steel
10-23-2007, 09:59 PM
it crashes consistently for me when using that option, it goes to windowed mode or fullscreen mode but if i try to resume playing a quest or try quitting ill get the standard windows error box.

Nicholas Steel
11-07-2007, 03:15 AM
perhapse make the menu option alter the config file without actively affecting anything else. thus making it take effect next time ZC is run?

zcAmazing
12-18-2007, 03:38 PM
The most recent allegro is 4.2.2 in allegro.cc.

Is that newer? If not, I'll take the extensive wait.

Nicholas Steel
12-18-2007, 09:54 PM
perhapse make the menu option alter the config file without actively affecting anything else. thus making it take effect next time ZC is run?

i believe my solution was used.

DarkDragon
12-18-2007, 10:16 PM
The most recent allegro is 4.2.2 in allegro.cc.

Is that newer? If not, I'll take the extensive wait.

Nope.

This is the same bug I was talking about at http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100582.

Allegro's own grabber.exe suffers from the bug, and has since at least 4.2.1.

Master Maniac
04-09-2008, 11:49 PM
it will let you run it in windowed mode if you use the launcher instead of a shortcut. you have to start it out in windowed mode though...

thats how ive been doing it so far.