PDA

View Full Version : Selector will always move to B Item.

Darkmatt
10-19-2007, 12:28 AM
This is something that annoys me. When you have the "Assign Items to both Buttons" *1 rule enabled, move the selector to an item that ISN'T assigned to B, close the subscreen, and open it back up, the selector will move straight to the item assigned to B. Regardless where it's at. I dunno if it'll force itself to an item that no longer exists, but this is still annoying.

*1: Dunno the real name. It's the quest rule that allows you to use both buttons for items. Ala Link's Awakening.

EDIT: This is somewhat of a problem. When opening the menu it'll be at the item you last left on, but when it's finally scrolled down it'll warp to the item assigned to B.

AmazingAmpharos
11-15-2007, 08:08 PM
This behavior is still in b660, but it's somewhat consistent with NES behavior since the cursor would always be over the "b" item in that case. I don't know if it's fair to call this a bug, but it would probably be preferable behavior to put the cursor over whichever item you last selected in AB item mode.

DarkDragon
12-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Moving to limbo to be looked at post-2.50. The item selector code is extremely subtle, and now is not the time to muck around with what's not (technically) broken.