PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare's New Quests

patrickab7
10-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Gave these a shot...completed New Quest 1 but never did find the lens or Level 11. As for New Quest 2, made it through nine dungeons and got partway into Level 10 before throwing in the towel. I don't know if the ZC version number is any factor in these issues...couldn't find any help threads on either of these quests.

-PB

ms_zelda_lady
10-18-2007, 05:13 PM
I never heard of the quests you are talking about. Where did you get them from?

ms_zelda_lady

elise
10-18-2007, 06:03 PM
the second new you can get here and on purezc
the new quest 1 you only can get on pure zc I think
;)

patrickab7
10-18-2007, 06:19 PM
http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=141
http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=195

ms_zelda_lady
10-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the info.

Gleeok
10-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Gave these a shot...completed New Quest 1 but never did find the lens or Level 11. As for New Quest 2, made it through nine dungeons and got partway into Level 10 before throwing in the towel. I don't know if the ZC version number is any factor in these issues...couldn't find any help threads on either of these quests.

-PB

Get the superbomb and bomb open lv11. Get the lens from Northeastern part of map.....i think. Well it's been awhile....actually get the lens first as you need it to know where lv11 is.

patrickab7
10-19-2007, 12:36 AM
Is the lens IN Level 10(saw a hint to that effect) or in the general area?

EDIT: Finally cleared New Quest 2 after some severe migraines...now back to my saved New Quest 1 to find the lens and L11...

EDIT 2: Got the lens. Given Nightmare's hint, I had a feeling it was in that general area but I hadn't searched thoroughly enough. Off to find Level 11...

EDIT 3: Level 11: Oof. That is all.

patrickab7
10-23-2007, 02:47 AM
Cheat code for New Quest. Now. Level 11 is fucking impossible.

Gleeok
10-23-2007, 02:58 AM
Cheat code for New Quest. Now. Level 11 is fucking impossible.

Well yeah, that's the general idea. It takes awhile.

patrickab7
10-23-2007, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I figured that much out...I'm seeing Deathknights and Windrobes in my sleep right about now. :P

I will simply ask one quick question...I've actually made it most of the way through the dungeon...should I have found the third ring by now?

patrickab7
10-24-2007, 01:21 PM
OK, I've officially decided "fuck this". I deleted Zelda Classic and all of the custom quests. Goodbye.

elise
10-24-2007, 04:26 PM
why that , you started one of the hardest and can't finish it , just forget about this one and start anotherone thats a little easier :shrug:

patrickab7
10-24-2007, 05:18 PM
Annoying thing is that I've BEATEN some of the hard quests like Demo Quest EX and both James Quests...it's friggin' frustrating.

-PB

Imprisoned
10-25-2007, 09:55 AM
Well there are some stupidly hard quests among other quests... once you see 5 screens in a row with a lot of death knights and windrobes you know it's time to get some sunlight.

patrickab7
10-25-2007, 12:47 PM
And Mirrorrobes. And Patras.

patrickab7
10-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Nightmare's quests are particularly known for being insanely hard...putting you in situations where you're basically fighting a room full of Darknuts armed with little more than a spork.

Rhetorical question: You're in a room with ten Deathknights. Blocks fill most of the room except for the outer edges next to the walls. Your equipment is: Master sword, mirror shield, red ring, third boomerang. How do you survive?

Russ
10-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Nightmare's quests are particularly known for being insanely hard...putting you in situations where you're basically fighting a room full of Darknuts armed with little more than a spork.

Rhetorical question: You're in a room with ten Deathknights. Blocks fill most of the room except for the outer edges next to the walls. Your equipment is: Master sword, mirror shield, red ring, third boomerang. How do you survive?

You don't. Just get some easier quest. Might I suggest Hero of Dreams (on pure zc) or End of Time (AGN quest database).

patrickab7
10-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Have played EOT, liked it a lot...I tend to prefer the puzzle-esque quests rather than the "slug it out/last man standing" kind of quests. Haven't tried Hero Of Dreams yet, that may be next on the agenda.

Russ
10-27-2007, 06:46 PM
Have played EOT, liked it a lot...I tend to prefer the puzzle-esque quests rather than the "slug it out/last man standing" kind of quests.

Ya, it's my favorite quest. Pineconn (the original creator of the quest) and I are both making remakes of it with newer tilesets.
Hero of Dreams is a fun one. You should try it. It does have a few hard battles, but nothing like the deathknight situation. And it has really good custom bosses.

Nightmare
12-09-2007, 12:46 AM
Have played EOT, liked it a lot...I tend to prefer the puzzle-esque quests rather than the "slug it out/last man standing" kind of quests. Haven't tried Hero Of Dreams yet, that may be next on the agenda.

I made Lv. 11 of that quest on a particularly untested note and a basic "throw it at you and see if you can survive." It was an extra level that wasn't in the original New Quest release.

It was not made for beginners. Consider it the "Emerald Weapon" of Zelda Classic (if you get my rhetoric)

-James

patrickab7
12-13-2007, 05:07 PM
I made Lv. 11 of that quest on a particularly untested note and a basic "throw it at you and see if you can survive." It was an extra level that wasn't in the original New Quest release.

It was not made for beginners. Consider it the "Emerald Weapon" of Zelda Classic (if you get my rhetoric)

-James

Gotten...suffice it to say that without the cheat code, no, I didn't survive.

Dell297
12-13-2007, 05:11 PM
cool game i think ill give it a shot.

Nightmare
12-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Gotten...suffice it to say that without the cheat code, no, I didn't survive.

Basically, when I made it I put the infinite life cheat on and made sure there were no bugs. I have attempted to beat it without it for the challenge, but I always come 3-4 rooms short......

Close, but no cigar.

-James

patrickab7
12-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Makes me feel SLIGHTLY better...the farthest I got without the code was the third-to-last room with all the Deathknights.

zeldafan27330
12-31-2007, 03:55 AM
That's always nice that the quest creator can't even complete his creation. I'm yet to find the lens and level 11.