PDA

View Full Version : Forecast: Sex and Marriage With Robots by 2050

Prrkitty
10-15-2007, 03:55 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301736,00.html

Quote: At first, sex with robots might be considered geeky, "but once you have a story like 'I had sex with a robot, and it was great!' appear someplace like Cosmo magazine, I'd expect many people to jump on the bandwagon," Levy said.

------

Very interesting concept.

Many aspects of this could actually help humanity...

1) since there are more guys then girls on this world it might could help make more people happy.

2) I can also see this helping so that population growth slows down.

BUT... this could also be a downfall. My thoughts are having a hard time finding the proper words to express this side of what I'm thinking. Most marriages survive because the attributes of one person compliment the other.

If people handpicked temperaments/attributes/etc in their robot... it would/could be to the detriment of humanity as a whole.

ZTC
10-15-2007, 04:11 PM
I foresee the downfall of man long before that happens. Dunno why, I just do...

Darth Marsden
10-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Sex with robots would be awesome, for the following reasons:

- You never have to wory about STDs.
- Robots can't get pregnant.
- You don't need to buy it flowers or chocolates.
- It'll never have a headache.
- You can always program it to say 'Don't worry, you'll last longer next time'.
- It'll never leave you for another man.
- It's a lot less expensive to have a threesome with two robots then two people.
- You'll never have to meet it's mother.
- Foreplay? What's foreplay?
- You won't have to, nor be able to, marry it.
- If you get bored, you can always replace it.
- You will never hear it nag you.

Lilith
10-15-2007, 08:40 PM
---

ShadowTiger
10-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Yeah, seriously. Consider what would happen if they just combined a dildo (Or sex doll etc.) with a real human. It's basically just an animated sex doll that looks and feels like a human.

Also consider the phrase "Oh shut up. I can replace you with a zucchini." (I love that phrase. :D XD ) Robots are just the greater form of that expression.

Otherwise, I'd just rather see what happens when we get there.

GamerMan
10-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Shouldn't this be in the: ASHGL forum??

Robots>me>no way..lol

Lilith
10-15-2007, 08:49 PM
---

ShadowMancer
10-15-2007, 08:54 PM
From the website:

The idea of romance between humanity and our artistic and/or mechanical creations dates back to ancient times, with the Greek myth of the sculptor Pygmalion falling in love with the ivory statue he made named Galatea, to which the goddess Venus eventually granted life.

Not to metion the movie Mannequin :D
(for those who don't know it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mannequin_(film) )

Anyway, yea it is an interesting concept, for me personally only as a concept but I could totaly see some geek in 2050 with a strange fetish for this sort of thing....

if robots can marry before gays, I'm going to lol.
Heh, if thats the case this society is in worse shape then I thought :scared:

And yeah, If this discussion keeps going this way I thing ASHGL is a good place for it :)

Anarchy_Balsac
10-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Heh, to think I had just posted a topic on this very matter not long ago. Indeed it is interesting. I can't say I would participate though. I find the idea kind of in a grey area moral wise and can't say I'd know what to do, even if the robot was alive and sentient, which I guarantee the ones we see in our life time will not be.

AlexMax
10-15-2007, 11:53 PM
I've read this entire thread and still don't understand why in the world anyone would want to get their bone on with an inanimate object.

Though I guess if you're this guy, you wouldn't really have much of a choice.
http://xs320.xs.to/xs320/07422/df6a638384f59ffadb655f313908e1bf1b57851c.jpg.xs.jp g (http://xs.to/xs.php?h=xs320&d=07422&f=df6a638384f59ffadb655f313908e1bf1b57851c.jpg)

Anarchy_Balsac
10-15-2007, 11:57 PM
In theory, we could eventually learn what makes something alive and thus, make robots as living beings and thus, not inanimate objects. Although I doubt that technology is comming any time soon.

Lilith
10-16-2007, 12:39 AM
---

Modus Ponens
10-16-2007, 03:07 AM
Robots>me

There ya go, folks. QFT.

rock_nog
10-16-2007, 08:34 AM
I've read this entire thread and still don't understand why in the world anyone would want to get their bone on with an inanimate object.
You clearly haven't seen the Real Dolls documentary... Hmm, forgot the link, but I think it's on Google video. Most disturbing thing EVER!

By the way, I will never be able to get the image of the repair guy scraping out the old, worn-out rubber vagina from one of the Real Dolls out of my head for as long as I live. Sweet googly-moogly that was just... yeah...

Darth Marsden
10-16-2007, 11:24 AM
I do have an opinion on the subject AlexMax raises, but I wouldn't feel comfortable saying it here in GD. Maybe if the thread were moved to ASWGL.

Aegix Drakan
10-16-2007, 12:10 PM
...wh-WHAAAAAAT?!?

0_o who the hell would want to ave a relationship with a ROBOT?!?

Ok, if all the person is interested in is sex, then sure, it works...

But personally, I find the actual relationship to be more important to me. Unless you get reploid-class robots (megaman robots, I.E. living robots with free will and all that) then MAYBE. But...if you can just program the robot to do whatever, and think whatever you want...then What, may I ask, is the point of the relationship?

...of course, if you just want a talking sex toy, then by all mean, go for it.

...well, good news is that it'll help take care of the overpopulation problem.

biggiy05
10-16-2007, 12:39 PM
...of course, if you just want a talking sex toy, then by all mean, go for it.

I'm pretty sure that's the point of the robot.

As for the over population thing? No way, people are always going to reproduce, especially ones that shouldn't even be allowed to have sex let alone make a baby.

Jenny
10-16-2007, 11:29 PM
sex with robots? what the heck, no way. I dont think that would even be legal... but then if it was illigal, and people like me enjoyed it, the black market would have a new item. (I cant wait till moocow posts here. heh.)

phattonez
10-16-2007, 11:31 PM
If Fleshlights are legal then why not robots?

Jenny
10-16-2007, 11:37 PM
fleshlights? you mean flashlights dont you? but whatever a "fleshlight" is, I dont wanna know..

phattonez
10-16-2007, 11:38 PM
No, I definitely mean a Fleshlight, and if you don't want to know, I won't tell you, but you can pretty much guess what it is.

Prrkitty
10-16-2007, 11:58 PM
phatt... OH MY GOD! I googled.... and I'm STILL laughing!! ;)

SUCCESSOR
10-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Sex with robots is pretty high on things to do with my life but 2050? Will I have the energy?

mikeron
10-19-2007, 06:11 PM
This whole thing sounds extremely dangerous, and I'd be wary, especially with all those hackerz out there, with their trojans, viruses, "back doors", oh my.

EDIT: And I just realized that these lovebots would probably be programmed with some shitty Java front-end. Beware the bite namespace and it's untimely invocations.

Goodnight, everybody!

DarkDragoonX
10-19-2007, 06:38 PM
All I have to say is that should robotic romances become a reality, "hard drive/floppy disk" jokes will reach a whole new level.

copsgotguns
10-19-2007, 07:19 PM
where can i put down a reservation for one? are there layaways plans??