PDA

View Full Version : Authentic SFX for ZC

zcAmazing
10-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Developers, can I help you?

I would like to contribute the replacement SFX for the SFX.dat file. I made wave files for some SFX from the Legend of Zelda ROM with VirtuaNES emulator using WAV record (emulator uses 22050 hz Mono 8-bit settings for output). There are six of them. They could replace the old ones in the SFX.dat because the tone is a little bit higher and have some fuzz when the ZC was first made and some are quieter.

EDIT: I am adding the tags that explain what SFX is for.
EDIT: I was able to provide the chink SFX while in the "Continue Save Retry" screen with no music (that is using the second controller to press A and up simultaneously while in subcreen), so now there is seven.
EDIT: Added the whistle, making it eight.

The ones that could replace them are:

- chime [pick up rupee]
- chink [shield deflect]
- msg [message string characters]
- ouch [hurt Link]
- place [input, bomb]
- recover (louder and correct) [heart ring, potion use]
- spiral [Link death sequence]
- whistle [whistle use]

I have used the editing program to trim unwanted parts of the WAV, but feel free to try to touch up.

I am leaving the explosion, arrow, boomerang, door, boss roars, fire, and some other SFXs alone. Some I cannot record for other SFX in SFX.dat because of the music in the background, and two SFX playing at the same time. The eight I listed above are the actual recording of those sounds when there is no music (Select screen and while Link in cave).

EDIT: There is that fuzz part in the zelda.wav for ZC and I hate it. I would have to get to these in the ROM and provide them later on. Got to get to Ganon in Level 9 and I will provide two more authentic SFXs. (Actually three more because I will also record the pickup sound of the big triforce for the cleared.wav that is for when item appears. I will be able to because there is no music after beating Ganon until you pick up the big triforce).

Hope you accept them. Get the ZIP file containing 8 authentic sounds (http://www.filespace.org/fluffydove88/SFX.zip).

Russ
10-15-2007, 06:31 PM
The chime, place, and spiral sound better, but the other ones sound worse.