PDA

View Full Version : World of warcraft

biggiy05
10-14-2007, 09:09 PM
There have been threads about it in the past but I'm just curious to see what everyone plays as in the game.

Sutphen (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Sutphen) was the first character I made. I haven't played him much in the past few weeks because of school.

My main character is my hunter. Biggiy (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Biggiy)

I've got a handful of low levels...mage, warrior, warlock and a priest. So what's everyone else got?

MasterSwordUltima
10-14-2007, 09:17 PM
My step-brother comes over here every other week after school, and right away he goes on fucking WoW. I notice this around 3pm everyday, when my internet goes incredibly slow. So its at that point in which I go to 192.168.1.1 in firefox and turn off all Wireless.

The moral of the story is that every other week I can't use my Wii to send funny pictures of lolzcats to my friends because my step-brother played WoW.

^_^

DarkDragoonX
10-14-2007, 10:01 PM
When WoW first came out, I rolled Silver Hand on a whim... got tired of not being able to kill fuckers from the opposing faction taking my mineral nodes, so I went and rerolled an orc warrior on Gurubashi, Koltar (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Koltar).

For a while, pre-BC, Koltar was the King of Badass... Hand of Rag, fully epic-ed out in BWL/MC gear (this was before they released AQ or Naxx). Eventually, the guild I was in (Catáclysm) collapsed, and after that, my hardcore raider days ended... I joined another guild, did a bit of AQ, then took a hiatus until a month or so before the xpac hit. Tried raiding a bit at 70, but wasn't able to get into it the way I was pre-BC... PvP-ed for a while, rolled a lock to try and maintain my interest, but I quit a few months back, as WoW just got boring after all this time.

Still, for a while, Koltar was a walking death machine (yeah, I was a DPS warrior. I don't wanna hear about it), so I had a pretty good run of things. I am, however, still in touch with some of my old WoW buddies, as we're all planning on giving Warhammer a shot when it releases.

ShadowTiger
10-14-2007, 10:18 PM
For a while, pre-BC, Koltar was the King of Badass... Hand of Rag, fully epic-ed out in BWL/MC gear (this was before they released AQ or Naxx). Eventually, the guild I was in (Catáclysm) collapsed, and after that, my hardcore raider days ended... I joined another guild, did a bit of AQ, then took a hiatus until a month or so before the xpac hit. Tried raiding a bit at 70, but wasn't able to get into it the way I was pre-BC... PvP-ed for a while, rolled a lock to try and maintain my interest, but I quit a few months back, as WoW just got boring after all this time.I was following your post until this paragraph. Then the eye-melting began.

I only have played on Private Servers and on my own server. I doubled all the rates on my own server, (Don't bother saying anything. :p I've already heard it.) and am going steadily forward with my L27 Human Paladin, L26 Night Elf Rogue, L13 Tauren Shaman, and L47 Human Warrior. I just play for fun. Nothing totally serious.

DarkDragoonX
10-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I was extremely hardcore for a long time... it really, really, REALLY burns you out after a while, though... after I stopped my constant raiding, I was never able to get the energy up to do it all over again.

I dunno. WoW was quite fun and gave me a lot of entertainment value, but it's gotten old after all this time. I need a new game, and Warhammer looks like it could be the ticket.

Dark Knight
10-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Well, I have this (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Suramar&n=Tehdk) and have had him for maybe 2 weeks. Suramar(PvE) is a lovely server.

I also have this fairly decent Retribution Paladin (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Xelchari) on Darkspear(PvP). Have had him for about 3 months, but haven't had the urge to level him at all.

And tonight I did about 10 or 11 Warsong Gultch battles with my other Paladin (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Suramar&n=Xelchar%C3%AE)

AlexMax
10-15-2007, 01:15 AM
I got WoW around Jaunary of 2005. Since then, I've played for a period of a month or two about four different times, three with goons and most recently with some real life friends. My highest is a 43 Feral Druid (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ursin&n=Alemor).

The real problem for me is that supposedly Outland is an awesome continent, but the problem is getting to 58 in order to get there. Around the late 30's the quests just became a chore for me to do, and when I reached my 40's I just ran into extreme boredom and tedium after I purchased my mount. I'm planning on resubscribing once patch 2.3 hits though, since they're supposedly tweaking quest XP and leveling XP to make the pace of leveling much more brisk. Plus, playing with friends on a PvP server is awesome.

biggiy05
10-16-2007, 12:55 PM
The real problem for me is that supposedly Outland is an awesome continent, but the problem is getting to 58 in order to get there. Around the late 30's the quests just became a chore for me to do, and when I reached my 40's I just ran into extreme boredom and tedium after I purchased my mount. I'm planning on resubscribing once patch 2.3 hits though, since they're supposedly tweaking quest XP and leveling XP to make the pace of leveling much more brisk. Plus, playing with friends on a PvP server is awesome.

The Outlands are a nice play because you level faster, the quest rewards are much better and it's easier to make money. The drawbacks are the horde or for you alliance on their flying mounts that come out of nowhere to kill you.

If you have a few high level friends ask them to help you level to 58.

AlexMax
10-16-2007, 04:10 PM
The Outlands are a nice play because you level faster, the quest rewards are much better and it's easier to make money. The drawbacks are the horde or for you alliance on their flying mounts that come out of nowhere to kill you.

If you have a few high level friends ask them to help you level to 58.

I do from time to time. My entire late 20's consisted of SM Cathedral runs over the course of a few nights.

Shadowblazer
10-16-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm just curious to see what everyone plays as in the game.Gnome Mage :sb:

Grasshopper
10-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Around the late 30's the quests just became a chore for me to do, and when I reached my 40's I just ran into extreme boredom and tedium after I purchased my mount.

Thats because you hit the dead zone. It slows down from 30-40, but you hit a brick wall once you hit 40. Its pretty unanimous those 10 levels is the range that most WoW players can't stand. You have to make yourself get to 50 from there. 50-60 speeds back up and once you're able to get to outlands, it takes off again. I think its a combination of quests and experience. At 40-50 range, most quests were dungeon runs. And those dungeons suck. Not many people like Sunken Temple. There are only a few places to go, but you end up with either green quests or red quests. I think I went STV->Feralas->Tanaris. With a couple ZF and ST runs. I believe that pushed me up to 50, which at that point it was UnGoro Crater, and then mostly finishing stuff in the Plaguelands.

Warlock
10-17-2007, 09:11 AM
Thats because you hit the dead zone. It slows down from 30-40, but you hit a brick wall once you hit 40. Its pretty unanimous those 10 levels is the range that most WoW players can't stand. You have to make yourself get to 50 from there. 50-60 speeds back up and once you're able to get to outlands, it takes off again. I think its a combination of quests and experience. At 40-50 range, most quests were dungeon runs. And those dungeons suck. Not many people like Sunken Temple. There are only a few places to go, but you end up with either green quests or red quests. I think I went STV->Feralas->Tanaris. With a couple ZF and ST runs. I believe that pushed me up to 50, which at that point it was UnGoro Crater, and then mostly finishing stuff in the Plaguelands.

Everyone goes to STV and Tanaris. That's all you CAN go to. It's pathetic.

Now, in 2.3, they are adding new quests to Dustwallow Marsh which should really help speed up the 30-40 leveling. They are also making a ton of improvements to 1-60 leveling to overall make it much faster. I hope once Blizzard sees how much people enjoy these changes, they'll go back and update some of the old world content (like for Dustwallow), since several zones border on worse than useless (*cough*Azshara*cough*).

Grasshopper
10-17-2007, 09:33 AM
I hated Dustwallow, you had all the elite Firemane dragonkin. About 50% of the quests there involved that area near Onyxia's Lair. Of course, I was 40 back when they were elite, now they're not. So thats probably a bit easier to do now. I skipped that area entirely.

Glitch
10-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Dwarf Hunter: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silver+Hand&n=Renmazuo

Gnome Warlock: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silver+Hand&n=Rentock

Played since a month or two after release and still enjoy it :)

Warlock
10-17-2007, 11:10 AM
I hated Dustwallow, you had all the elite Firemane dragonkin. About 50% of the quests there involved that area near Onyxia's Lair. Of course, I was 40 back when they were elite, now they're not. So thats probably a bit easier to do now. I skipped that area entirely.

Yeah, that's why they've revamped it. They added something like 60 new quests to it. So I'm sure it's not such a PITA now. They even added a brand new Goblin town.

Supposively from what I hear, they also expanded on the Missing Diplomat questline finally. The gist of what I heard is that you learn a little more what happened, but then the questline abruptly ends again :( /cry. But hey, I guess it's something (and in any case, almost everyone is convinced the new WoW Comic is directly tied to this questline - and supposidly the new quests hint towards this as well)

Glitch
10-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Warlock, what server do ya play on?

Warlock
10-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Bloodhoof

biggiy05
10-17-2007, 02:26 PM
My game time expired a few weeks ago and I'd like to get back into it but I don't have the time because of my ems class. I can't believe it's almost November. At least after I get through that class I have a few weeks off so I can get some time in again.