PDA

View Full Version : Tetra's Trackers from Four Swords Adventures

vegeta1215
10-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Anyone been bold enough to import the japanese Four Swords Adventures to try out Tetra's Trackers? (which wasn't in the the US version of FSA) I'm curious about it, and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it.

I think I'd need a Freeloader to play it, and possibly a separate memory card (I read you need to keep games separate regions on separate memory cards), anyone have any experience with that?

Mak-X
10-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Haven't played Navi Trackers (it was renamed this after being called Tetra's Trackers). All I know is that its based on a spin off of a Marvelous game that Aonuma had worked on, and you're basically competiting to find stamps. I'm sure its only for the hardcore of Zelda fans to want to try it. I mean, I'd like to see it to, just to say I've played it.

For Gamecube imports, you just need a Freeloader disc. You pop in the Freeloader disc, then swap it out for the game when the screen prompts you. A seperate memory card is required because if you try to save Japan games to a card with US saves on it, it will erase the card. I use a spare Memory Card 59 for the couple of imports I have (Nintendo Puzzle Collection and the Zelda Collection).

It's $20 at Play-Asia
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-cj-49-en-15-four%2Bswords-70-31l.html

vegeta1215
10-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah, Play-Asia is where I saw it too. I'd really like to check it out, but I don't know whether it will be worth it. (plus I'd have to wait until the Freeloader came back in stock if I got that from Play-Asia too)

btw, why'd you import the Zelda Collection? Were you unable to get a US copy, or does the Japanese one have differences?

Mak-X
10-14-2007, 06:45 PM
:D The Legend of Zelda Collection has the Japanese versions, such as the Famicom Disk System versions of Zelda 1 and 2. It's rare since it was a Club Nintendo item and very expensive. I pretty much got it for a console version of the FDS version of Zelda 2, even though I could have just played it through other means.

vegeta1215
10-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Cool.

I went ahead and ordered it. I probably won't get a chance again. I just have to wait to get a Freeloader until it comes in stock (unless I can find it at another site. Any recommendations?)

Mak-X
10-14-2007, 08:02 PM
I just looked at www.estarland.com and www.ncsx.com and even eBay but they're all sold out. I didn't know it was so hard to find now.

edit: I wrote about the Action Replay, but NCSX is sold out of that too.

Try Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0007YPEW8/ref=dp_olp_1/002-7953258-4136869

Pandora's Cube, an anime/game store in Maryland, is selling one for $30.