PDA

View Full Version : brekkar's new minion

Breaker
10-13-2007, 01:30 AM
http://i21.tinypic.com/2ezi8h4.jpg

I've been looking for a healthy akc registered siberian husky for quite some time now and finally found a breeder and the puppy in the picture above. He was born 08/12/07 and finally comes home with me next Sunday. I'm pretty excited about it. He's going to be an awesome dog.

I'm still not sure yet on a name, but in my experience pets usually name themselves after the first week or so. Then again, I'm pretty crazy when it comes to naming animals. Right now I'm re-watching Magnolia. He might turn out to be the next Frank "T.J." Mackey. ;)

Instead of wasting money jumping out of airplanes, I'll now have a nice little puppy to take with me to college next year. I'm almost finished with my undergraduate classes and transferring to the University of Florida to complete my bachelor's degree in March.

So if any of you have been curious as to what I've been up to, that's pretty much it. I've quit my full time job as an insurance adjuster to concentrate on college full time, but I'll easily find another job doing the same thing or as an accountant either full or part time after the move. Life's pretty good.

Modus Ponens
10-13-2007, 02:19 AM
Awww! Brekkar, you're not a horrible monster! You're...like...some kind of wolverine, or...whatever the hell.

Dogs are great because they're annoying while they're young, but they're cute so it's okay. Then, when they're older and less cute, they've matured into really cool, intelligent beings who like you a real lot.

moocow
10-13-2007, 07:29 AM
Awwwwwwwwww!!!!

vegeta1215
10-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Really cute dog Breaker. I have a golden retriever who just turned 3 and he used to be that small too. Good luck with everything.

Masamune
10-13-2007, 09:04 AM
This dog is most adorable. Sweet Jesus he is cute.

erm2003
10-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Very cute. Makes me miss my dogs back at my parent's house.

The_Amaster
10-13-2007, 10:42 AM
*Amaster keeps trying to post, but he keeps getting pulled back up to the picture of the cute puppy. He scrolls down, is about to type, then tells himself "Just one more look", and goes back to the top.*

gdorf
10-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Cute dog. I think huskies are some of the most beautiful dogs out there.
I can't tell in the picture, are the eyes blue or grey?

Really cute dog Breaker. I have a golden retriever who just turned 3 and he used to be that small too. Good luck with everything.

We have a three year old golden, too. She is the best dog I've owned. :)

Dechipher
10-13-2007, 02:09 PM
That dog is frikkin sweet. You totally need to breed that bad boy as much as possible, and let me know.

Prrkitty
10-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Most adorable. And the possible name T.J. Mackey looks to fit him quite well. :)

Breaker
10-13-2007, 05:59 PM

One eye is blue and the other is brown.

Here's a picture of his daddy.

http://i21.tinypic.com/2gsjvw1.jpg

Out of two litters (8 puppies, 4 a piece) that he had, there was only one black and white puppy born. The rest of the puppies were all light and dark red.

I think I'm pretty lucky to be getting him.

cyberkitten
10-13-2007, 08:49 PM
aww, i'm glad you finally found the puppy you wanted. you'd been talking about it for awhile, and he's a very handsome boy.

Prrkitty
10-13-2007, 09:52 PM
The facial markings on his father are absolutely gorgeous. I'm assuming that was one of the attributes the breeder was accentuating when choosing who to breed with whom?

Modus Ponens
10-14-2007, 01:51 AM
I was walking around a lake in Bellingham today and a couple was there walking their little husky puppy. It totally reminded me of you and yours.

moocow
10-14-2007, 10:38 AM

We have a three year old golden, too. She is the best dog I've owned. :)

We have a two and a half year old golden. She eats rocks. But her and Bladen love each other.

mikeron
10-14-2007, 10:03 PM
The facial markings on his father are absolutely gorgeous. I'm assuming that was one of the attributes the breeder was accentuating when choosing who to breed with whom?

The mask actually has a tendency to change as they age. I have two siberians, and both of them look very different than they did upon first arrival. Someone told me that the puppies usually have a more pronounced mask which may or may not fade completely as they age. You also have to keep in mind that huskies aren't considered fully matured until around three years of age, so there's plenty of room for change. In the case of my black&white husky, his mask has actually been darkening over the last two years (he's ~3 now).

brekkar, I hope you don't have any expensive furniture that you're afraid of losing...

ZTC
10-15-2007, 10:41 AM
How cute! :kawaii:
'lucks at college too.

punkonjunk1024
10-15-2007, 07:09 PM
I want a Siberian husky sooo bad. fucking breaker, I'll take your damn dog.

mrz84
10-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Cute puppy dood. I like cats a bit more than dogs, but that dog is just too cute. "kitty:

MottZilla
10-15-2007, 09:18 PM
That's an awesome dog. I'm so glad I didn't see a drop-kick dog in here. I like dogs that actually resemble what you think of for a dog. When were you jumping out of planes?

Breaker
10-15-2007, 09:20 PM
When were you jumping out of planes?

For the last 6 months I've been taking AFF (advanced free fall) classes. I'll probably start up again when I have the money. It's a pretty expensive sport.

Breaker
10-22-2007, 01:41 AM
Update!

He's been home with me for a week now, and a crazy week it's been. He's been a very good puppy though and he's extremely smart and fun to play with.

http://i22.tinypic.com/xp4g44.jpg
http://i23.tinypic.com/2uij3m1.jpg

Amber
10-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Update!

He's been home with me for a week now, and a crazy week it's been. He's been a very good puppy though and he's extremely smart and fun to play with.

Except when he interupts sleep with howling, tries to eat the TV remote, and sits on the computer desk.

http://i23.tinypic.com/ogglkw.jpg

Skulkraken
10-23-2007, 01:24 AM
That puppy is so damn adorable I can't think of any other words to describe it.

My family doesn't keep any dogs anymore. We used to, but we had to give them away because of my grandmother coming to stay with us again. It was either her, or the dogs. Personally, I think we were better off with the dogs... They had nicer personalities.

My uncle, however, does have a dog (along with a whole lot of roosters, mostly for cockfighting, and a miniature rooster that belongs to my aunt). He just got a puppy that supposedly is a pit bull, but looks much more like a Shar Pei. He's hoping it turns out to really be a Shar Pei.

Breaker
11-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Nanook dressed up as Batman for a halloween contest.

http://i23.tinypic.com/2012gqe.jpg

Russ
11-04-2007, 08:47 PM
Wow! He is so cute! You are so lucky to have a dog like that.