PDA

View Full Version : glowing tiles

Master Maniac
10-12-2007, 12:00 AM
is there any kind of flag that i can use to give combos a "glowing" effect without having to draw completely new tiles?

Gleeok
10-12-2007, 12:21 AM
Oooh, glowing tiles....wooooaah, wooooah...

Sure, you can use pallette cycling....that's the short answer. There's a tut somewhere. Oh, all right. I'll find it for you.....
..Here (http://zcu.sephiroth.ws/forums/index.php?autocom=ineo&showcat=3)

Master Maniac
10-12-2007, 12:36 AM
...whoa... complicated... lol...so this method works with layered combos too right?

and is there an easier solution?

Gleeok
10-12-2007, 12:45 AM
and is there an easier solution?

Well yeah...just re-draw a few tiles.;)

Zelda_Warrior
10-12-2007, 12:55 AM
palette cycling is what was used to animate tiles before true animation, its what regular BS zelda used

But the nice part of setting it up is that after you get it working you can use it for other things too, unlike making your own tiles

Master Maniac
10-12-2007, 01:16 AM
ok thanks guys thats all i needed to know

Master Maniac
10-12-2007, 11:52 AM
argh... sorry about the double post, my computer is being gay.

i cant get it to work right. i set up everything but it only cycles through once.

Oh and the sound on the player is being odd too... it doesent play any sound even when i have the volume on everything turned up as high as it will go

Joe123
10-12-2007, 12:04 PM
go to the master volume settings for the pc, and make sure 'sw synth' is turned up to full.

Master Maniac
10-13-2007, 07:44 PM
I dont have a sw synth option on my computer

Russ
10-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Try double clicking the volume button for you computer. There should be a volume called sw synth. If not, then I don't know what your problem is or how to fix it.

Joe123
10-14-2007, 06:33 AM
double click the little speaker icon in the system tray to bring up the master volume settings. Then go to Options->Properties and make sure the 'SW Synth' tab is checked. Then turn it up to full.

ShadowTiger
10-19-2007, 11:21 AM
i cant get it to work right. i set up everything but it only cycles through once.Perhaps they meant combo animation? If you want it to glow perpetually, just lay out the tiles next to each other in the order you want them to glow in, (I.e. in order of darkness to lightness, then back to darkness again, so when it reaches its end of tiles being animated, (I.e. if you set the "Animation Frames" to 6, you should have six tiles in the loop, with the last tile being the second to darkest tile being animated, as your case may be, if there's no pause between being dark and then growing lighter.

As for combo cycling, yes, you can cycle a combo to become another combo entirely, and this combo may have the appearance of another glowing tile. Although do note that you can have six combos without an animation that just look like one frame each of the glowing animation, or you can have one combo that's actually animated to look like the actual entity you want.