PDA

View Full Version : I have a layer/overhead problem

GamerMan
10-11-2007, 08:48 PM
My layerd tiles wont overhead I don't know if it's becuse of the beta version or the tileset but other tilesets like:desendenttiles work but PTUX will not overhead layer only my tiles I add overhead to will??

Zelda_Warrior
10-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Well first of all if ur trying to combine overhead combo types with layering it dosent work in the new betas...

Second of all make sure the layering is set up right

Last of all what beta are you using

GamerMan
10-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Well first of all if ur trying to combine overhead combo types with layering it dosent work in the new betas...

Second of all make sure the layering is set up right

Last of all what beta are you usingVersion (626)and overhead combos have nothing to do with layers,I mean normaly any tile you layer is almost overhead,but thease arnt I got a better responce from Freedom so i'll try his idea and get back to you on this matter:)

Zelda_Warrior
10-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Almost overheard?

I dont think i understand the question, its either overhead or not...

GamerMan
10-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Some layerd tiles are ment not to be walked under like a table and etc,as were a tree is, get my point?:)

Zelda_Warrior
10-11-2007, 11:20 PM
If its supposed to be unwalkable, but when u swing ur sword it goes under, yes, why do u use layers

Unless its a circle shape, the overhead should work enough.

GamerMan
10-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Becuse some tiles have black or other colors around them so people use layers to make the tile blend in,I allso wan't that tile to be over head but I can not use the same tile becuse then i'll be back to point A i'm really exp with zc(been useing it sence 2000-2001) if you can't help me i'll ask someone else,I have to get this out of the way now so i'll go to purezc and ask,then i'll swoop back through and see what you have to say.:)

Pineconn
10-12-2007, 12:00 AM
A very nice text file that spells out several intermediate/advanced techniques is [this (http://www.geocities.com/idontknowtutorial/help.txt)] one. The very first section is on layering.

Second, did you two ever consider downloading a spell checker (http://www.iespell.com/download.php)? ;)

GamerMan
10-12-2007, 12:02 AM
A very nice text file that spells out several intermediate/advanced techniques is [this (http://www.geocities.com/idontknowtutorial/help.txt)] one. The very first section is on layering.

Second, did you two ever consider downloading a spell checker (http://www.iespell.com/download.php)? ;)Thanks but I know all there is to know about layering unlss there is new ways with the beta.

lol..and yes I was going to download spell cheack but i'm not on my pc;)

Zelda_Warrior
10-12-2007, 12:51 AM
Ive been using ZC as long as you have but if you cant explain the problem right its hard to help you if I cant understand the question

If you just want an unwalkable yet overhead thing, put the layer in and add an invisible unwalkable tile on layer 1 (the regular screen) and use the 'overlap' function so it still looks like its layered, and still goes overhead

Joe123
10-12-2007, 03:11 AM
My layerd tiles wont overhead I don't know if it's becuse of the beta version or the tileset but other tilesets like:desendenttiles work but PTUX will not overhead layer only my tiles I add overhead to will??

Sounds like you already know this, but just to clarify.
There are two ways of making tiles appear above Link's head right?

The first is to just put the tile on layer 3,4,5 or 6. I'm assuming knowledge of how to use layering. When you do this, all transparent parts of the tiles will not appear at all.

The second is to put on layer 0 an 'overhead' type convo. This will appear on a layer allocated to itself, that is between layer 4 and layer 5, but still below flying enemies. Transparent parts of this combo will not appear above Link's head, but rather will appear on the floor.

To fix them appearing on the floor, you can put on layer 1 or 2 (which will usually appear below Link) the tile that you'd like to appear beneath the overhead combo, in which case, the non-transparent part of the overhead combo will appear on layer 4.5, and the tile on layer 1 or 2 will appear where the transparent parts are.

People would really be able to help you better if you used more punctuation and were more clear with what you're saying.

EDIT: Oh yeah - Layer 1& 2 below Link. 3&4 Above Link but below flying enemies. 5&6 above everything.

erm2003
10-12-2007, 05:47 AM
Yeah, follow Joe's post. I think you are just using the wrong layers so it's not doing what you want it to do.

GamerMan
10-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Sounds like you already know this, but just to clarify.
There are two ways of making tiles appear above Link's head right?

The first is to just put the tile on layer 3,4,5 or 6. I'm assuming knowledge of how to use layering. When you do this, all transparent parts of the tiles will not appear at all.

The second is to put on layer 0 an 'overhead' type convo. This will appear on a layer allocated to itself, that is between layer 4 and layer 5, but still below flying enemies. Transparent parts of this combo will not appear above Link's head, but rather will appear on the floor.

To fix them appearing on the floor, you can put on layer 1 or 2 (which will usually appear below Link) the tile that you'd like to appear beneath the overhead combo, in which case, the non-transparent part of the overhead combo will appear on layer 4.5, and the tile on layer 1 or 2 will appear where the transparent parts are.

People would really be able to help you better if you used more punctuation and were more clear with what you're saying.

EDIT: Oh yeah - Layer 1& 2 below Link. 3&4 Above Link but below flying enemies. 5&6 above everything.I firgured it out,but thanks this was what I figured out, and if I didnot get it(last night) this whould have helped thanks buddy:)

Ive been using ZC as long as you have but if you cant explain the problem right its hard to help you if I cant understand the question

If you just want an unwalkable yet overhead thing, put the layer in and add an invisible unwalkable tile on layer 1 (the regular screen) and use the 'overlap' function so it still looks like its layered, and still goes overheadI already got it sorry,it was as simple as 123,456 I just wasnot setting them right but i'm good now(thanks for trying:)...karma for you all:naughty:

Yeah, follow Joe's post. I think you are just using the wrong layers so it's not doing what you want it to do.I got it last night right after the pc place closes,so I had to wait all night..lol..thanks