PDA

View Full Version : Passwording Quests

DarkDeath
10-11-2007, 05:24 PM
I was wondering what are some of the reasons that quest developers password there quests. I know its because they don't want them cheating but I heard its because of plagiarizing, is there actually a plagiarizing problem? but then if that person came on this forum wouldn't you know and shun him for it?

GamerMan
10-11-2007, 05:43 PM
I stated plageriseing as a etc as to why they whould password a quest, not exactly for that reason, but people chould abuse it in ways,and most people do it for reasons becuse they want you to play through the game without cheating, and they just feel more safer with it locked;)

There is many reason as to why people lock quests, to many diffrent reasons:)

erm2003
10-11-2007, 06:04 PM
In the past people have tried to submit quests as their own when in reality it was someone else's. I have seen it happen with the 2.10test quest where one or two things were changed (very minor things) and it was was submitted as a new quest.

The quests are properties of the individual quest authors. Some take years to put together their quests and they need a way to protect the files to keep the credit.

DarkDeath
10-11-2007, 06:15 PM
So there was an instance when plagiarizing happened thats pretty much what I wanted to know thanks!

GamerMan
10-11-2007, 06:33 PM
In the past people have tried to submit quests as their own when in reality it was someone else's. I have seen it happen with the 2.10test quest where one or two things were changed (very minor things) and it was was submitted as a new quest.

The quests are properties of the individual quest authors. Some take years to put together their quests and they need a way to protect the files to keep the credit.Exatly what I ment;)

Zelda_Warrior
10-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Well 210test can be done whatever you want since its public use.
Of course it would be stupid to upload to the DB, you can still do w.e you want with it and be fine.

Thats the only reason they let there be passworded quests, and maybe a little bit on the cheating part.

Its a nice feature. Most other game editing things I see dont have a password thingy