PDA

View Full Version : Back to Iraq

Brasel
10-09-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm all jittery from the energy drinks I drank earlier.

Hey guys. I'm leaving here in a day or two to go back to Iraq. I'll be there for 15 months this time. I'll keep you all posted on whats going on and what not throughout the deployment. When I get back, I'll be getting out of the army for good, hopefully, and moving back to Illinois. Thats all I got right now, so I'll see you guys again in a few weeks when I get the internet established for my battalion in the sandbox.

Darth Marsden
10-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Best of luck man. Try not to die horribly in a blaze of glory or anything.

GamerMan
10-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Have a safe trip,I WILL pray for you.Seeing how it's crazy up there you need all the prayers you can get;)

Prrkitty
10-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Take care sweetheart... and God Bless you and all our troops everywhere. You have my IM and are welcome to rattle my cage anytime you want or need to... <hug>

love ya sweetie...

erm2003
10-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Take care and good luck Anthony. We will be looking forward to hearing from you when you get settled out there.

Pineconn
10-09-2007, 07:03 PM
Ah crap, another forum regular leaving...

I mean... Good luck to you out there. Be safe, and have sound judgment. And never cross a sandy plain that looks a little too safe... if you know what I mean. Which you probably don't, since I don't.

See you in a few weeks!

The_Amaster
10-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Good luck Tony. Best wishes to ya, and I hope that you come back fine.

Out of curiosity, where in Illinois would you be moving back to?

Aegix Drakan
10-09-2007, 08:41 PM
/me salutes Anthony

Best of luck to you, sir!

Come back safe, ok? I got my fingers crossed that you have no trouble over there.

/me crosses all ten fingers

cyberkitten
10-09-2007, 10:01 PM
wait, how are you getting deployed while you're on antidepressants? they won't let me or my brother go :(

MrCow
10-09-2007, 10:07 PM
good luck Anthony.. please stay safe. Keep us updated as often as possible and again best of luck.<3

Archibaldo
10-09-2007, 10:19 PM
It seems as if you just got back and you're already leaving. :(

Trevelyan_06
10-09-2007, 10:59 PM
Good Luck man. Comes back to us in Illinois safe, sound, and in one piece.

Edit: I've probably brought this up before, but it's always good to have a refresher course (http://skippyslist.com/list/) Tony!

biggiy05
10-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Good luck. If you're ever bored out there and wanna chat get my screen name from Prr.

wait, how are you getting deployed while you're on antidepressants? they won't let me or my brother go :(

It's bad enough he's going. You don't need to go over too. I still have to bring my mob of midget clowns to "visit" you.

Brasel
10-09-2007, 11:14 PM

Because the doctors have seen me when i'm in good shape. my meds are working and when they are working i'm the mostest conifcent guy in the world. they gave me enough meds to make it through the entire deployement. on top of that, i told theem that i wanted to go. i can't baclk out on my brothas in my unit. they needs me so i decided that i needed to go with them. i can't deny my soldiers leadership and i can'tt deny my battalion reliable communication with higher. i need to be there to set up the internet and stuff. if i'm not there, shit will go to hell because my privates aren't trained up enough on it. thats partialliy my fault because i didn'st get out there and train them often, but we were busy. i'll train my guys up on this shit that they need to know and i'll probably get medevaced if i go crazy again. thanks for the kind words everyone. i fight for all you alls freedom.

moocow is hot.

moocow
10-09-2007, 11:55 PM
moocow is hot.

How... random. Thank you, lol.

Sorry that you have to go. I, as well as most of the rest of us, will be looking forward to hearing from you once you get settled in.

Take care.

xoxo

Brasel
10-10-2007, 12:07 AM
i was thinking about your picture with the wite meshy thingie on

Modus Ponens
10-10-2007, 12:31 AM
Anthony, I'm proud of you and I admire your courage and conviction. Be a good soldier--remember always to do the Right Thing, which is so frequently the hardest thing you can do. We'll all be rooting for you while you're away.

Trevelyan_06
10-10-2007, 10:00 AM
i was thinking about your picture with the wite meshy thingie on

Strangely enough, whilst I was reading this I was thinking of you in a white meshy thingie Tony.

cyberkitten
10-10-2007, 12:42 PM
take care of each other over there. let us know when you get settled *hugs*

ZTC
10-10-2007, 12:57 PM
*salutes*
May it be a safe journey for you and everyone in your battalion.

Prrkitty
10-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Dearest Tony,

I (and I'm sure many more here), thank you for being who you are and doing what you do. Take good care of yourself, your unit and the others around and with you. We'll all be here to respond to you when you have time to talk/yack/chat/etc... and we'll all be here to respond in your threads and help keep you company and give you love and support.

AND also be sure to give Tera my IM, email and anything else she might need... we'll also be here for her too.

Stay safe sweetheart...
*kiss*
Prry... a thankful American who is very proud of you... and who will pray for you, Tera and everyone else daily.

DarkDragoonX
10-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Iraq? Ouch... well, try to come back with all your limbs attached, eh? Protip: Avoid bullets and explosions.

Seriously, though... best of luck to you out there.

Skulkraken
10-11-2007, 03:52 AM
Good luck on your deployment. My dad's still trying get health clearance so that he can go back into the Guard or the Reserve (he's trying to get himself deployed to Iraq for the cash bonus).

Aegix Drakan
10-11-2007, 09:35 AM
(he's trying to get himself deployed to Iraq for the cash bonus).

uhh...what? That's not a very good plan...

mrz84
10-15-2007, 09:35 PM
We shall all await you my firend. Live long and prosper and all that good stuff. :kitty:

Freedom
10-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Let us know if you need anything when you get there Anthony, and be careful.

Trevelyan_06
10-16-2007, 01:55 AM
Let us know if you need anything when you get there Anthony, and be careful.

I think we should all start a fund to insure that he has Hummers when he's over there. Because, as we all know, soldiers need Hummers.

Glitch
10-16-2007, 02:54 AM
Kill a few ragheads for me Tony.

Best of luck to you and your unit.

Brasel
10-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Wow, free cable quality wireless internet on the camp in Kuwait. This is freaking awesome.

Trevelyan_06
10-18-2007, 11:32 AM
That is indeed friggin awesome. Do you know if you'll have a reliable internet connection when you get to your base in Iraqi and whether or not you'll be online with any regularity?

Prrkitty
10-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Sweet!!! Do stay safe hon (hug).