PDA

View Full Version : playing original legend of zelda in zelda classic

scarabini
10-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Hi,

I downloaded Zelda Classic to my windows xp machine. My intention was to use it to play the original Legend of Zelda. I dont know however how to load the appropriate quests. Can somebody tell me how can I lplay the original Legend of Zelda in Zelda Classic (or if it is not possible let me know too).

Thanks

S

erm2003
10-08-2007, 11:34 PM
After you open ZC, make a new name file (press Enter or whatever button you have set as the Start button) and then select it (again using Enter/Start) after you are done making it. ZC is automatically set to let you start the original first quest if you follow that.

If you would like to jump to the second quest, use the name ZELDA (yes in caps) and there is also the ZC Official Third Quest by Alphadawg, you can use ALPHA to start that one.

GamerMan
10-08-2007, 11:34 PM
The first zelda game is there waiting to be played,just regester a new name and press start.

scarabini
10-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Thanks. But I guess there is a problem with Zenda Classic and Windows Xp. The graphics appear cut with one third of it againt the right side of the screen and the rest outside of it (cant see it)

S

cyberkitten
10-09-2007, 10:02 PM
check your video settings. i'm running xp on both machines and both play zelda classic without a problem.

scarabini
10-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Ok I start ZC, do File->New and there is only one choice [New Default (Can't Change)]. Choosing this doesnt do anything. Then I did File->Open and it has the 1st,2nd and 3rd quest. When I choose the 1st qst, it asks me for a password which I dont know. Also for the 2nd quest I tried ZELDA but didnt work.

S

GamerMan
10-09-2007, 11:17 PM
Becuse he lied, you donot put them in caps!And yes the first 3 quests are passworded,but don't feel bad it's passworded to everyone but,pantom menace and some admin's/staff of zc and agn.

But the example quests are open and there the same as the other passworded quests but without the pass.

Also if you need tilesets go to purezc.com.

Russ
10-10-2007, 12:15 AM
I know what your problem is. You are trying to open the quest with Zquest. That program is for editing quests. You need to use the file called Zelda-w.

scarabini
10-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Thanks Russadwan! You are right on. I am sorry for all the confusion.
Things do work fine now. Thanks everybody

S

GamerMan
10-10-2007, 10:43 PM
DID lower case zelda, and alpha, work for you?

scarabini
10-11-2007, 12:10 AM
They did not GamerMan (I tried them in ZQuest, File->Open). Are those passwords in place so that only the creators can edit the quests?

S

GamerMan
10-11-2007, 12:21 AM
No!! I mean type in your game name as zelda or alpha then it will trigger the 2nd and 3rd...quests

When you open the zc player hit make/regester a new name then as your game name type in zelda) for the 2nd quest and alpha for the 3rd.

The quests in zc quest editor are passworded for reasons, no one can have or get the paswords, but some staff and the person phantom menace who made the game...sorry

DarkDeath
10-11-2007, 04:46 PM
There locked so 'people' (not referring to anyone) don't put Heart containers everywhere and give your self items.

GamerMan
10-11-2007, 04:53 PM
There locked so 'people' (not referring to anyone) don't put Heart containers everywhere and give your self items.Thats not true,Phantom Menace locked them for a reason,same reason most people lock there quests,to keep others out of it,and to keep them from abusing or plagerising it,there is a reason why there are unpassworded sample quests and test quests,so users can make or do what they want to the quests, but he passworded his quests for a common reason,he put his hard work into it,and wants you to see,and play it not mess it up in anyway!:)

scarabini
10-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Thanks GamerMan. Yes the passwords do work.

S

GamerMan
10-11-2007, 11:17 PM
No problem:)But beaware the second quest is hard, and the third is crazly hard, I have beat them both but thats becuse i've been useing ZC sence 2000-2001;)

Zelda_Warrior
10-12-2007, 12:19 AM
actually 2 isnt hard at all, and 3 is only a bit hard.

GamerMan
10-12-2007, 03:57 PM
I ment for new players;)

erm2003
10-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Still not always true. The first time I played Zelda on the NES I actually beat the 2nd quest before I beat the first. You never know. What may be hard to one person could be easy for the next.

GamerMan
10-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Still not always true. The first time I played Zelda on the NES I actually beat the 2nd quest before I beat the first. You never know. What may be hard to one person could be easy for the next.In a way thats true, but in some ways it's not, just depends on the person;)

Russ
10-12-2007, 07:56 PM
In a way thats true, but in some ways it's not, just depends on the person

He has a point. It depends on the person.

scarabini
10-12-2007, 09:46 PM
This is off topic but since most of you are Zelda hardened warriors you might know this: Is there a project similar to Zelda classic that lets you play Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (the second Zelda)?

Thanks

S

GamerMan
10-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Well not really but,you can gather zelda 2 tiles and try and make a z2 type game,other then that z2 itself is all(sorry)why dont you try other quests do you know how to play other quests from fans??

scarabini
10-12-2007, 11:12 PM
I know how to load other quests but I am still struggling with easy stuff: In the 1st quest, I get the wooden sword then after many trials I went all the way right into a cave that has things for sale. How do I buy these? Do I have to get crystals? Which key do I use? [I have used the arrow keys, enter and L alt to strike but those are the only ones I know]

S

GamerMan
10-12-2007, 11:31 PM
I know how to load other quests but I am still struggling with easy stuff: In the 1st quest, I get the wooden sword then after many trials I went all the way right into a cave that has things for sale. How do I buy these? Do I have to get crystals? Which key do I use? [I have used the arrow keys, enter and L alt to strike but those are the only ones I know]

SWell I normaly go to joystick/dirrection keys and change my keys to a=1 and b+2 when in zc player left click go to misc and change the keys. Other then that you are useing the right keys,you need rubys to buy items so go around killl enemys and etc,untell you get enough rubys to buy the traget item of you want.

Then when you have enough rupys for the selected item, walk up to it and link will buy/pick it up.