PDA

View Full Version : Newly opened ZQuest (1x Windowed) is unclickable Once.

ShadowTiger
10-08-2007, 07:48 PM
I seem to have this problem in more than one location (Home and School; Both are WinXP.) where I would open ZQuest in Windowed mode in 1x (As compared to Windowed, scale 2. Hell, maybe it happens under scale 2 as well and I'm just not remembering!) and it wouldn't respond to any clicks at all. I would give Windows focus on something else, then switch back to ZQuest, and it'd work as normal from then on until ZQuest is closed again.

Probably nothing really major. Just thought I'd put it out there just in case.

_L_
12-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Anyone verify this?

Freedom
12-02-2007, 12:32 AM
would that be this?

* Fixed a bug in ZQuest where objects on the first page of a tabbed dialog box wouldn't work until the page was changed once. ( DarkNation, 2007-11-20 11:46:33 )
fixed in the last beta (675)

ShadowTiger
12-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Doesn't look like it, really. To produce a step-by-step list, though it'd be rather simple.

* Open ZQuest in a window.
* Try to click on it. You may succeed, (I.e. it now has "focus" and the upper bar turns a darker blue.)
.. but then try and click on a menu. (File, Quest, Edit, Tools, etc.) It doesn't open.
Now click away from it onto the desktop or something. Then click the same menu again right from it being out of focus. ZQuest will gain focus and the menu will be opened all in the same click. (Normal behavior.)

That's really. Honest. Bug behavior in red, blue is normal/expected.

Actually though, what I'd rather see are people who can reproduce it. It's not a really big bug by any means if people are persistent, because it only happens once, but it can still scare off some users who aren't as tenacious and just give up on the first instance of something not working right.

Let me try this in 704...

Okay, it doesn't happen on a default, straight-off opening of zquest-w.exe in Windows Explorer. (It works normally. Hell, it starts with focus, so it's not a problem.)

It didn't happen after using the ZCL included in 704 either. I guess it just depends on the computer opening it. I'll try it again at school on Friday, because that's where the problem is mostly happening. (It's an XP machine. Nearly default.)