PDA

View Full Version : A few questions...

LostInHyru1e
10-08-2007, 12:49 PM
I just have a few ZQuest questions...

1. Joined DMap Items - Is it possible to get a Big Key or a Map in one DMap and then have it in another? I have a multi-floor dungeon AND and a dungeon with four different entrances and thus four DMaps so the continues are right. Is it possible to get the map in one and then automatically have it in the next?

2. I have a new custom boss, Facade, and he involves multiple screens and direct insta-warps. However, to hurt him, you need to drop bombs on him. I found that the bombs triggering direct warps would result in a bug, because the "flash" CSet for the room that is instantaneous for the bomb "sticks" and is there for the rest of the battle. I tried to remedy this by making the secret a regular floor combo, which would cycle in about a second to the direct warp. This fixes it MOST of the time, but since the Combo cycling is synched, a bit of the time it goes right to the Direct Warp and the wrong CSet sticks for the battle. How do I fix that?

Save as 2.10 - Say I downloaded a 2.5 beta, and I picked to "save as 2.10." If I then played it on 2.10, would it still have the items and enemies that weren't in 2.10?

Dungeon Boss Flags for Secrets - How does this work? I've heard of this, but I don't understand at all. Can somebody walk me through it?

Russ
10-08-2007, 12:57 PM
If you get a map of boss key on one dmap, you get it on any dmap with the same level number.

There is a quest rule that fixes the cset flash.

If you use save as 2.10, none of the new features in 2.5 will save to it.

The last question is kind of tricky. But it lets you trigger secrets on one screen by activating secrets on another screen. Make two screens. They must be on a dmap with the same level number as each other. Put the dungeon boss flag and enemies-secret flag on both. Put a trigger enemy on the screen that you want to be changed. This way, when you kill the enemies on the first screen, the trigger enemy on the other screen is killed and the secrets activate.

LostInHyru1e
10-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Thank you! But what is a "trigger" enemy? And why couldn't you just kill this one enemy from the trigger enemy's screen?

Russ
10-08-2007, 03:12 PM
And why couldn't you just kill this one enemy from the trigger enemy's screen?

Because the trigger enemy is invisible, invincible, and pretty much isn't even an enemy. This method is used a lot in the quest Hero of Dreams.

But what is a "trigger" enemy?

Just select the enemy, trigger from the list of enmies.

LostInHyru1e
10-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Oh, so that means you need to have a custom enemy, doesn't it? Crud! So does that mean it won't work on 2.10?

EDIT: Wait, there's an enemy titled "trigger"?

EDIT AGAIN: Does it have to be the SAME Dmap, or just have the same Level Number?

Russ
10-08-2007, 05:52 PM
They don't have to be the same dmap. They both just have to be the same level number. And it is for 2.10. It is a lot easier to do in 2.5.

LostInHyru1e
10-09-2007, 01:34 AM
Okay, thank you so much!

LostInHyru1e
10-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Apologies for the double post,

I have a new question. I see in some games, people can "Jump" off cliffs and then land in screens below. How is this done?! I can't seem to figure it out! Gravity combos aren't strong enough to bring them down!

Joe123
10-09-2007, 01:37 PM
gravity combos? eh?
I swear you've just made those up :P

anyway, to do that you need to use the screen's warp. At the top of the cliff, put a warp which the player can't see, then have it warp you to a dup. screen with an animation of link falling down the cliff, then have that screen warp you to the bottom of the cliff on a timed warp.

LostInHyru1e
10-09-2007, 04:37 PM
By "Gravity Combos" I mean combos that "pull" you in a certain direction.

And I get it now. Thanks! Might be a bit hard to set up, though.

Joe123
10-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Combos that pull you in a certain direction? What? We have these?

Aren't you using 2.10?

And it's not tooo hard. You might want the classic jumping tiles from PureZC's database for Link falling if you're actually doing it though.

LostInHyru1e
10-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Of course we have combos that pull you in a certain direction... I believe they're called "conveyer" combos. They're a combo type in 2.10.

Don't tell me you didn't know about these? There's like, 3 different ones included in the 2.10 classic tileset.

Unless you thought I mean combos that pull you towards them, which we don't have. But we have ground tiles that make you move. Most of them have an animation, but they don't have to.

GamerMan
10-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Of course we have combos that pull you in a certain direction... I believe they're called "conveyer" combos. They're a combo type in 2.10.

Don't tell me you didn't know about these? There's like, 3 different ones included in the 2.10 classic tileset.

Unless you thought I mean combos that pull you towards them, which we don't have. But we have ground tiles that make you move. Most of them have an animation, but they don't have to.Well joe123 is smart enough about zc, he knows what convayers are, almost every long time zc fan does.
He has made many great tilesets and has exp,he ment any knew type gravity stuff,wich zc does not have yet there is insta warp,and scrolling warp but as for those there really is know gravity.

Joe123
10-10-2007, 02:51 AM
Yes, I do know about conveyor convos (although I'm not particuarily keen on them personally, type where you couldn't walk agaisnt the conveyer would be far preferable in my opinion). I thought you'd invented some new ones - which I was almost certain weren't in 2.10, I do know it pretty well.

And thanks Gamerman, but I'm not that great and I've only made 2 tilesets, one being a recolour...
However there is gravity in the newer betas. It's a screen flag.

GamerMan
10-10-2007, 04:09 PM
I know your work and it's pretty great,I even made a quest with the ffa tileset.Love the tileset 5/5 and then you colored it even better.

LostInHyru1e
10-10-2007, 08:53 PM
You made a quest, GamerMan? What was the name?

EDITED TO TAKE OUT A STUPID SENTENCE. :)

GamerMan
10-10-2007, 09:43 PM
I have made many quests, just have not realesed them,I am only going to realese them when i'm sure i've found every bug,or glith in them but my version 1.00 quests has little to no bugs and I have made you able to jump down cliffs with the scroll warp advance, but I did it I will realese it soon,it is my best nes stile quest yet!:D

LostInHyru1e
10-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Slow down and use periods, dude. :)

Okay, so are you going to put it in the quest database?