PDA

View Full Version : Laser weapon

King Aquamentus
10-07-2007, 08:04 PM
What I'm looking for is something like the charged spur shot in cave story. It generates an object in front of you, which produces a beam for as long as it exists (about a second). This beam, like the gold arrow, can penetrate enemies, but shouldn't be as powerful. Still a powerful weapon, but it does sustained damage, piercing foes. There should be something done about enemies getting knocked back from the beam. Until the beam passes, it should be a very slow push. The sustained hitting may take care of that as it is, smacking them back and forth super-rapidly (more like vibrating them), but if it doesn't, there needs to be some slowing and shaking of foes. a single hit from this beam should be considerably weak, moreso than the wooden sword, but remember, this involves several hits in rapid succession. Until the beam passes, enemies should not have an invincibility period after being hit.

ShadowMancer
10-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Well Im gonna be doing some heavy scripting starting tommrow, this is just a slight variation of a Light Beam spell I will be makeing, so I'll let you know when its finished (sometime in the next two days hopefully, got alot of scripting to do)

C-Dawg
10-08-2007, 05:30 PM
What I'm looking for is something like the charged spur shot in cave story. It generates an object in front of you, which produces a beam for as long as it exists (about a second). This beam, like the gold arrow, can penetrate enemies, but shouldn't be as powerful. Still a powerful weapon, but it does sustained damage, piercing foes. There should be something done about enemies getting knocked back from the beam. Until the beam passes, it should be a very slow push. The sustained hitting may take care of that as it is, smacking them back and forth super-rapidly (more like vibrating them), but if it doesn't, there needs to be some slowing and shaking of foes. a single hit from this beam should be considerably weak, moreso than the wooden sword, but remember, this involves several hits in rapid succession. Until the beam passes, enemies should not have an invincibility period after being hit.

A charge weapon is already done, after a fashion. The Cancer Charge custom weapon in Zodiac operates as follows:

While the player holds fire, it accumulates power in a ball in front of the player (goes through four stages of buildup).
The ball can damage enemies that run into it while it is being built up.
When the button is released, it fires a ball of energy in front of the player.
At full power, it will continue through weaker enemies after killing them (not so at lower powers).
Fully implemented knockback.

The only snag is that Cancer Charge is just part of the global weapon script, so you'd be taking alot of baggage. But really, if you're making custom weapons, why not also get the scripts that let you use spread shots, large saber, etc?

Another issue is you have to be using the proper combos to make the Charge work. Check the scripts, you'll see what I mean.

Go get the Zodiac quest (unpassworded) over in Quest A&D to get the scripts.

EDIT: As I read your script more closely, I see you want a delayed-reaction beam shooting weapon. Ah. That will require using the Draw functions, I believe, otherwise you'd need way too many FFCs to make up the beam. Should be pretty simple to do, though. Go to it, Shadowmancer!

King Aquamentus
10-09-2007, 12:03 AM
Well, I'm not wanting to actually charge this up. just produce maybe a total of two "spheres" (objects producing beams for a second before dissapearing) on screen at once Also, I'm looking not for a single projectile, but several in rapid fire.

let's say

L = Link
O = laser producing object generated in front of Link
_ = Piercing beam tile
E = enemy

L E

press the button for the weapon

L O___ E
L O_______ E
L O_____________ E
L ___________>E<__
L ______>E<_______))
L __>E<_______))
L * ______))

C-Dawg
11-25-2007, 05:23 PM
I've finished the Leo Lazer, a/k/a murder beam. It's almost what you want here. The Leo Lazer fires a beam in front of the player that remains stationary, and persists for about 1 second. The beam continuously damages whatever it hits and fades evenly away.

It'll be one of the custom weapons you can take out of the next update of Zodiac, although, like with all weapons, you'll have to tinker with the tiles/combos/colors it uses to suit your own quest.