PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Brothers ARMAGEDDON

Din
10-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Hello, one and all! I have just begun developing a quest called Super Smash Brothers Armageddon. Why am I calling it armageddon? Because it isn't just the characters below who are in the brawl! You can join as well as a playable character. So let's say armageddon100713 wants to join right? He would make tiles of himself, then he would give a brief story of his character, then he gets the invitation to armageddon, but if they are too closly related to a character already in there, (like for example, he looks like Link,) then he may be asked to choose a different one. Updates will come about once a month or maybe more, but if you join and it looks good, then you can expect to see your face in armageddon. There are a few requirements before making characters:

1. Make some tiles of your character for armageddon. They can be you, or they can be some fantasy character not already in brawl.

2. Give a moveset of yourself! Be warned, only one move will be in at first, but I will try to push that factor aside a little later.

3. Be patient! VERY PATIENT, because updates won't be once every week, so be prepared for a long wait.

4. Submit! Post your character in this thread, or if it is too embarassing, just PM them to me.

5. Accept the aftermath. If you just happen to be the favorite punching bag for all players, don't feel bad, you also don't have to submit to play.

Here is what you can expect from this game,

Characters with designated movesets.

Unlockable characters.

Complex arenas.

Selection for all of these.

Confirmed Characters:

Mario
Link
Samus
Ricky

Note that Ricky is an example of an AGN forum smasher. He is not real. A demo will come soon.

Put Riley and Iron in to start, (from Zodiac,)
Iron is fought first no matter what.
After defeat, the classic challenger approaching appears.
The sea and alien zones are in.
Once Link is defeated, (currently Death Knight, but before sueing, there is a heart ring to keep you invincible but knocked back,) then Hyrule Castle and Link unlock.
Defeat either Riley or Iron with Link in order to initiate battle with Mario!
Get ready for a demo tonight!

Anarchy_Balsac
10-06-2007, 11:25 PM
Specify the neccesary number of tiles and give a roadmap to which direction I need to have which specific tile face.

Din
10-07-2007, 12:06 AM
First you need one going down, 2 tiles, one going up, 1 tile, one going left, two tiles, then just flip it for a right. If you want to make them even more complex, (like for example, a sword on one side and not on the other,) then you can do that too. Also one showing your character using their one special ability.

LostInHyru1e
10-07-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm a little unclear on the details. If I "submit a character", will you then proceed to make him a custom enemy and put him into an arena with the main protagonist and have them fight?

I see a lot of promise in this. Perhaps you could choose your game mode? SURVIVAL could be fight all the enemies in a row with a certain amount of HCs, ARCADE could be a fight against everyone where you heal and get a new HC every battle - this is awesome.

Did you intend our submitted characters to be custom enemies or playable characters? If playable, how did you plan to implement that?

EDIT: What tileset will this use? If its Classic, I might be able to draw my own sprites - any other set and I'm probably SoL because I don't know how to rip.

Din
10-07-2007, 02:18 PM
He will be a custom and maybe scripted enemy to fight for the first time. You fight them when you achieved something, like for example, you kicked Riley's amd Iron's butts with Mario. And yes, they will be playable. I already got Link, Riley, and Iron in using that. As you see, thanks to Link tile modifiers I can make the character selection screen concievably have a cursor, then when you press down, a 1 second black out occurs before warping you to stage select. This 1 second black out gives you the item you need to transform the character. The item is also what gives a character its ability. It required A LOT of screens to make unlockables, but it wasn't impossible. As for after the battle, the items are taken away from the character via script, then you can start all over again. It required a bit of thinking. Also classic will be fine. I can take care of the rest. One last thing, thanks for the suggustions. I will put them into account, but right now I am just trying to make certain characters appear. I don't even have a title screen yet! I will in the future though, and maybe late today or early tomorrow I will have a demo, so look foward to that.

LostInHyru1e
10-08-2007, 12:09 PM
This looks like one of the most awesome ideas ever. I might go and get some "Squirtle" pics from Red/Blue and draw them into ZC. That oughtta be interesting.

Or I might just wimp out and draw "Voltorb", the king of easy-to-free-hand-draw. :)