PDA

View Full Version : Smash Brothers Remake Scripts

Din
10-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Okay, a super smash brothers remake is in progress! I completely found out how to use Link tile modifiers for the different characters, I found out how to make secret unlockables, but it still does not have that SSB feel. Why not? I need a few scripts to fully finish this game!

1. Percentage Damage Script:
Using heart rings I made Link invincible, for a reason. The first thing I need is a percent damage script like in smash. The damage the foe takes is equal to the weapon's power. The more damage, the more they fly in side-view.

2. Enemy Damage Script:
This might be a little far off, but I want to see if it is possible. This damage script does not hurt Link, but it does hurt enemies scripted or non-scripted. Maybe it can just add on damage, so that it can destroy them, this is for the enemies that are unfortunate enough to go flying off the screen. They fly straight into this script, mwuhahahaha!:sly:

3. Master Hand Script:
A boss FFC script. Master Hand has a total of three attacks. His first is to sweep quickly on the floor to clear all foes. Then his next is to shoot 2x2 fireballs which do a LOT of damage.

4. Lots of item scripts, see below.
These probably aren't going to be finished anytime soon, but I will try to name a few of them.

Mega Beam Script: This fires a narrow beam of energy, all the same tiles, to the opponent. This sends down magic for a little while, also all foes got take a whole lot of damage.

Fire Blast: This fires a blast which can be charged and released to do more damage.

Screw Attack: This is for two characters, spoiler for the game, Sonic and Samus. When they jump with L this automatically kicks in. It damages all foes near him/her.

Moving Platform Script: This script works like so, they get on a moving platform, then they move with it. This is in side-view.

Food: Food regenerates percent by a little when picked up.

Pick up item: This is attached to R when an item is in range, (if not, the character dashes with it,) and gives it to them for a certain number of uses.

I can bet that this will be updated, if any are impossible please tell me, and either way, thank you for your time.

ShadowMancer
10-06-2007, 10:37 PM
I am designing a sideview battle system, and many of the scripts you want will be written.(or very similar and eaisly modified) Lets see, here is the rundown of what I have planned:
1. Percentage Damage Script,
2. Enemy Damage Script:
These two should be simple enough , If I am understanding what you want (have not played SSB) You want to be able to knock back foes based on weapon damage, and damage enemies that fly offscreen, is that about right?

3. Master Hand Script:
Once I get into makeing my bosses/mini bosses I will let you know about this one

Mega Beam Script - simple
Fire Blast - I am makeing a 'charge meter' for my quest so, this will be simple to do also
Screw Attack - Make Link invinicible, check for enemy within range, damage enemy, also something I may use in my quest now that you brought it up :)
Moving Platform Script: C-Dawg did it already, ask him, but I am going to be makeing some of these as well.
Food: Link->HP += n (But I may not be understanding the 'percent' you are speaking of)
Pick up item: nice Idea and fairly simple to implement.

I may have to take a look at how you set up your system so far to implment some of these things, If nothing you are currently doing involves script then I won't need to.

Also keep in mind that I am just begining my battle system and have no code as of yet,I'll probley start building it sometime monday or tuesday. As always I'll share any of my finished and working scripts with anyone who wants them.

Din
10-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks so much! Yay, my 100th post!