PDA

View Full Version : Why this weekend blows.

MasterSwordUltima
10-06-2007, 01:11 AM
Disclaimer: I am currently dead fucking tired, with a headache that doesn't go away, along with a terrible stomach ache. So if I'm a bit pissy, thats why.

So on September 30th, I bought myself a Projector TV [exclusively to play Wii/PS2 on]. I've been wanting one for a couple of months now, so I find one on eBay. $170 some bucks, I figure is really good. So I google that fucker and find it for over $230 everywhere else. So I hop on that and buy it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180162644869&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008#paymentmethods
Proof ^

So now I'm super psyched about getting this. Shipping takes 1-5 days, and since its from California and I'm in Pennsylvania, I figure it'll take all five days.
I had to pay for shipping [$30-ish, seemed waay too high, and I get a discount at FedEx, seeing as how I work there] and then I had to pay $10 or so for insurance [which I had to...suuussspiiccccioooussss...ahem].
So in total I payed $218.98 for what I thought was going to be a kickass Gaming Projector. Alright.

So thursday comes along, and I have to go to bed at around 6pm [at the latest]. So come 8pm, I'm finally in bed. And thats about it. I couldn't sleep at all [due to the TV coming the next day, a little]. So I basically layed in bed for 5 or 6 hours. I got maybe 2 hours of sleep, then had to wake up at 2am to go to work. Went to work, worked my ass off, and came home. So its the weekend now, and I can sleep as much as I want, right? No, I only slept about 45 minutes from 10:30 or so to 11:15. I haven't slept since.

So I noticed that the FedEx guy decided to not ring the doorbell, just drop the package off at the front door. So I go outside after seeing the box [at around 12:30 or so, not long after it arrived] and take it inside. First thing I notice is that the box it all fucked up, [standard procedure at FedEx ;)]. So I open it up to find the actual Projector box in it, in decent shape. I open it up, carefully take out all the parts and stuff, actually read through the instructions which were mostly retarded safety warnings, then plugged it in and tested it out.

When plugged in and off [on "Standby Mode"], a red LED lights up. When you turn on the projector, the red LED turns green, a very noticeable whir sound starts up as the three fans inside it kick on, and the projector bulb lights up. I put that in italics because the bulb did not light up. So I figured "oh, it has to warm up, first time and all". So I left it on for 10 minutes, grabbed a soda and a hotpocket for a quick lunch, and came back to the projector to see that nothing changed.

So I thoroughly read the manual, and theres nothing about how to turn on the bulb [because its supposed to go on when you turn it on]. So I open up the slot to change the bulb, to find out that the entire circuit board that the bulb is on is not even connected to the main circuit board of the projector. So I manually grab the wires and connect them with the bulb hanging out, and viola! lights up. So I tape them together with electrical tape, test it again [works], and put the bulb back together. I test it again, and now its not working...

So I take it out again, and this time, it doesn't work. I retry everything I did before, nothing. I had my step-dad come over and look at it with two seperate voltage checker/testers. The bulb is good, and apparently so are the wires on both sides. So technically, it should work. Yet nothing that we've been trying for the past couple of hours has managed to work. So we figure a circuit blew somehow.

So now I get to send it back to fucking california, pay more shipping to send it back and then pay even MORE shipping for a replacement, which will most likely take two weeks to fully get here. And since I've been working on the damned projector all night, [I'm the type who has to finish something before I go onto something else] I haven't eaten or slept, and am quite frustrated.
So now I'm physically sick, mentally flustered, and I'm down to my last two A-TREAT Birch Beers.

</rant>

The_Amaster
10-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Heh, that's eBay for you.

Theres the time that I bought a DVR drive for 40 bucks, only ot have it come with 60 dollar shipping and handeling.

And the time that I bought Megaman Colonel and Protoman for like, 10 bucks each. Turns out they were from Australia, and so I couldn't hook up with my friends.

I don't use eBay anymore.

mrz84
10-07-2007, 10:03 AM
I've never used ebay and really don't ever plan on it. Sorry to hear that pal. Hope everything works out in the end.

MasterSwordUltima
10-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Well, with help from Sute, we're returning it and getting our money back. I'll probably put it towards a laptop for myself, or some airsoft gear [since I need a gas gun real bad]

DarkDeath
10-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Oh jeez that sucks so bad good thing your sending it in for your money back you should just sleep now ;)

Aegix Drakan
10-07-2007, 08:54 PM
...Man, that really sucks.

Here's hoping you get a good replacement, with minimum pain.

.../me seriously reconsiders going to eBay to look for Custom Robo...

Sute
10-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Well, with help from Sute, we're returning it and getting our money back. I'll probably put it towards a laptop for myself, or some airsoft gear [since I need a gas gun real bad]

Hellz yea. I'm no push-over. That guy is going to get nailed. And by that I mean either he's going to experience some difficulties with his reputation or he's going to get sexed by Ruru.