PDA

View Full Version : Recent downtime

DarkDragon
10-05-2007, 08:37 PM
I did some debugging and tracked down the once-a-month forum downtime we've been having to an old hook script that started acting up. The issue should now be fixed.

GamerMan
10-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Yes, I was going to make
a thread about it but you have it
under control.

Hey, wile it was down
it said(what the f**K happend to the forums)
Was that you or a other staff?

Well anyway you have it under control.
It was also a outrage at purezc,
many agn members were over there
freaking out.

The_Amaster
10-05-2007, 09:06 PM
So it was a consistent, identifiable factor that we've dealt with?

Fweet! DD, you are the best thing that ever happened to this place.

biggiy05
10-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Yes, I was going to make
a thread about it but you have it
under control.

Hey, wile it was down
it said(what the f**K happend to the forums)
Was that you or a other staff?

Well anyway you have it under control.
It was also a outrage at purezc,
many agn members were over there
freaking out.

What the fuck? Learn some grammar and proper english so people can understand you.

Good to hear everything has been taken care of and no more lag.

Archibaldo
10-05-2007, 10:47 PM
What the fuck? Learn some grammar and proper english so people can understand you.

I think he's making an attempt at Haiku. Just not a very good one. :shrug:

GamerMan
10-05-2007, 10:59 PM

Good to hear everything has been taken care of and no more lag.Yet you are a mod,what a shame, learn some manners before you start flaming people
for such a little reason.;)

I'm happy it's over, but it may
happen in the future?

Masamune
10-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Yet you are a mod,what a shame, learn some manners before you start flaming people

Oh that's a BUUUUUUUUURN!!!! :o

phattonez
10-06-2007, 01:58 AM
DD thanks so much, I'm so glad that we have an admin that cares about this place AND has time to spend here.

ShadowTiger
10-06-2007, 10:43 AM
So heavily, happily concurred. ^.^ The forums owe you, DarkDragon. The forums owe you big.

Expect highly trained strippers. ... to do your taxes in a few months.

DarkDragon
10-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Evidently I spoke too soon, as I found some old ad code that could potentially prevent AGN from loading (such as a few minutes ago) for the same reason. I've removed it as well.

Nicholas Steel
10-06-2007, 06:30 PM
ah good, i noticed that lag a few minutes ago after initialing reading this as well.

Gleeok
10-22-2007, 03:41 AM
Oh noes, don't remove that code, that was load-bearing script! :p

Trevelyan_06
10-22-2007, 12:26 PM
I think it's obvious that the trained gerbils used to carry the information between each users computer and the central server that contains AGN are slacking off again. I recommend that they be replaced immediately, perhaps with a higher order mammal like dogs.

Aegix Drakan
10-22-2007, 12:29 PM
:rofl:

Trev...that's hilarious.

Well, DarkDragon? Any idea what the cause is?

Prrkitty
10-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Trevy... you crack me up :) Thank you for the all the laughs hon (hug). Darky... anything the rest of us can do to help hon?

DarkDragon
10-22-2007, 07:14 PM
I'd tell you guys if I knew - a bunch of files necessary for the forums to run disappeared. It happened right after I tried to take a forum backup using the built-in backup scripts, but I've since looked them over and can see no reason why they would touch any physical files on the server.

I'd made backups of everything *but* the stock vBulletin files - a mistake I won't repeat - thinking that if something happened to them, we'd just reinstall them. That's exactly what War Lord did, though I think he ran into additional complications with the server... he may be able to tell you more.

Pineconn
10-23-2007, 08:15 PM
I know it's irrelevant to this topic, but I noticed that the new Terms of Service were deleted. It happened, I think, during the Glenn/Darth/GamerMan incident.

erm2003
10-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Wow. Nice catch. I didn't even notice that was missing until you mentioned it.

Prrkitty
10-23-2007, 10:55 PM
We've known it was missing since the day it happened. We're in the process of getting it back together and posted. Thank you for helping remind us though :)