PDA

View Full Version : wow

GamerMan
10-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey what kind of music do you like?

I am really board so I thought i'd ask:uhoh:

Modus Ponens
10-03-2007, 06:30 PM
As for modern vocal music, I like most of it if it's intelligently written. I say, pick at least two from among clever lyrics, original chord progression and impressive vocals, and I can dig it. For instrumental, I like jazz and classical, and I adore NES music with about 40-45% of my heart. What those composers and sound programmers could do within their limitations is inspiring.

Specifically, I love They Might Be Giants and The Cardigans, representing modern vocal music, jazz piano virtuoso Hiromi and French composer Claude Debussy for instrumental music, and among my NES favorites are Metroid's Hirokazu "Hip" Tanaka, Megaman III's Bun Bun, Faxanadu's June Chiki Chikuma, and The Magic of Scheherazade's Kume. And I really would be remiss if I didn't give a shout-out to Hiroki Kikuta's work in Secret of Mana, Yasunori Mitsuda's music in Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, and Yu Miyake's absolutely infectiously catchy songs from the Katamari Damacy series.

And I also want to thank my parents, who supported me...

GamerMan
10-03-2007, 06:34 PM
I like the:

.Zelda music,crono trigger,final fantasy,super mario,...and etc.

Well I like it as game music anyway.

Aegix Drakan
10-03-2007, 08:14 PM
I listen to a lot of anime and game themes.

I don't like to buy lots of CDs when I don't even like most popular music.

The_Amaster
10-03-2007, 08:14 PM
It really varies for me. i don't like styles, or even band,s but individual songs. As an example, I have like, a song by Linkin Park, a couple songs by Say Anything, a few Wierd Al songs, some classical stuff, the theme song from "Gilligan's Island", etc.

phattonez
10-03-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm into underground hip-hop and a lot of music from the 70's. Mostly funk.

mrz84
10-03-2007, 09:59 PM
I like most J-Pop/anime themes, They Might Be Giants, Queen, The Beatles, System of a Down, Linkin Park, Everclear, Bare Naked Ladies, Nickleback(sp?), and lots a gaming music (especially anything Metroid related) :kitty:

DarkDragoonX
10-04-2007, 12:11 AM
J-Pop, gaming soundtracks/remixes, and Lemon Demon (http://www.lemondemon.com/index2.html).

GamerMan
10-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Well my favorite songs from
the above names I stated will
be below:

Crono trigger:Magus boss music,proto dome,and the list goes
on....

Zelda music:Oot:wind mill,links house,and stuff...

Final fantasy music:almost all the final fantasy 4 music..

Super mario world:Bowser boss music,and many more...

There is just to many to name,not including
all the other non game music I like.

We whould be here all day,so there was a sample.

ZTC
10-04-2007, 03:37 PM
This is what I listen to and like. (http://www.last.fm/user/ZTC/)

For those who didn't click, I listen to just about anything except Country and hardcore Rap. I've been on a VG music kick for as long as I can remember, and I'm starting to listen to some more J-Pop and J-Rock, along with some metal. Hail goat (http://powergoat.com/)

GamerMan
10-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Cool!
Anyway I like that,
most of the game music
we all know and love
can be found and used with zc,
another great reason for all
you guests reading this thread
to join this site and try zc for yourself!

You will not be sorry,I insure you.

Modus Ponens
10-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Actually, to insure means to provide insurance, as in, "I insured my computer for $1000 worth of damage." This is not to be confused with ensure, which means to make certain, as in, "With the fall of Achilles, our victory was all but ensured." I believe what you're looking for is assure, which means to assert with confidence, as in, "You will not be sorry, I assure you."

I'd be curious to learn how many people here have a video game song as his or her mobile ringtone. I, for instance, use the Item Room theme from Metroid. It works great. Anyone else?

ZTC
10-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Super Mario Bros Main theme. :D

DarkDragoonX
10-04-2007, 05:01 PM
I have the classic LoZ "you got an item" sound as my ringtone.

Dun dun dun DUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN

GamerMan
10-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Actually, to insure means to provide insurance, as in, "I insured my computer for $1000 worth of damage." This is not to be confused with ensure, which means to make certain, as in, "With the fall of Achilles, our victory was all but ensured." I believe what you're looking for is assure, which means to assert with confidence, as in, "You will not be sorry, I assure you."

I'd be curious to learn how many people here have a video game song as his or her mobile ringtone. I, for instance, use the Item Room theme from Metroid. It works great. Anyone else?Sorry,I was being rushed to get off the pc,
so I spelled it wrong
and how do you know I
am not insureing people
mabe I work for allstate
lol..jk.

But yeah I know
people who have
game ringtones,shirts,and etc.
like my cousin he
has a zelda T shirt.

Aegix Drakan
10-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Dangit, If I had a cell phone, I'd do just that.

But seeing as I have no cell, I cannae have a ring tone...

Lol...My friend had this messed up song from YTMND, which had a guy yelling "THIS IS SPARTA" sort of musically.

...That lasted a week. Then it just got stupid.

GamerMan
10-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Um..lol..I bet it did,
I have a sell phone
but all the money verison
rip's off from me I
cannot afford a ring tone.lol
or even a t shirt.

MasterSwordUltima
10-06-2007, 12:05 AM
I have the classic LoZ "you got an item" sound as my ringtone.

Dun dun dun DUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN

For future reference, the lyrics to that song are "You Got the THIIIIINNGGG"

As for what kind of music I listen to, well...a lot of music. Right this minute I'm listening to MSX Nostalgia Radio via Winamp, because its so good. My music folder itself has music ranging from;

The Black Mages, Akashi, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, The Battle Royale Soundtrack, Chibi-Tech, David Bowie, DDR Music, Dethklok, Devil May Cry [1-2-3-Anime Soundtracks], Dirge of Cerebrus, .hack//(SIGN, Roots, G.U., GAME), Final Fantasy [soundtracks from 1-12, tactics, etc], Franz Ferdinand, Gorillaz, Greenday, Hellsing:Raid/Ruins, Katamari Fortissimo Damacy, Kingdom Hearts [1 and 2 soundtracks], Zelda [OoT, MM, WW, TP], Metal Gear Solid [1/TS, SoL, DoMGS2, SE, MGO, MPO, MGA/MGA2, MG1, MG:SS, and the Red Disk], Modest Mouse, Nanase Aikawa, Naruto [Season 1-2-3 Soundtrack], NESkimos, Countless OC Remixes, Okami, Pokémon [game music, not anime -_-], Queen, Resident Evil [1/1Remake, 2/2Remake, 3/3Remake, 4, CV:X, and the first two movies soundtracks], Shinobi [PS2 soundtrack], Silent Hill [2/3/4/Movie Soundtracks], Starsailor, Tatu, The Eighties B-Line Movie Disaster, The Pillows, The White Stripes, Trigun OSTs, Venture Bros music, Random YTMND music, and a whole mess load of all the other folders inbetween these.

[also at work, we sometimes play Gunther's Tra-la-la song really loud.]

GamerMan
10-06-2007, 12:19 AM
With all that music you sure
to be very busy huh?

I like the idea of the midi's
for zc.oh hey does anyone know a
source for zelda and final fantasy
midi's compatable with zc besides at purezc??

MasterSwordUltima
10-06-2007, 12:31 AM
VGmusic has absolutly every midi you could possibly need [if its from a video game, that is]

Masamune
10-06-2007, 12:35 AM
[also at work, we sometimes play Gunther's Tra-la-la song really loud.]

Where the hell do you work that they allow you to do this?

Also, I enjoy some...

A Perfect Circle, A Tribe Called Quest, Adema, Alexisonfire, Aphex Twin, Beck, Blackalicious, Blindside, Blood Brothers, Bloodhound Gang, Broken Social Scene, Cake, Cascada, Celldweller, Chemical Brothers, Chevelle, CKY, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, David Bowie, Deftones, Deltron 3030, Demon Hunter, Devildriver, Dir en Grey, Dispatch, Disturbed, Don Davis, E Town Concrete, Evergreen Terrace, Fischerspooner, Flogging Molly, Fluke, Flyleaf, Gorillaz, (Old)Green Day, Hot Hot Heat, Immortal Technique, In Flames, Incubus, Infected Mushroom, Journey, J Dilla, Juno Reactor, Kansas, Kenna, Kid Dynamite, Kill Hannah, Killswitch Engage, KMFDM, Korn, Lacuna Coil, Mindless Self Indulgence, Misfits, Modest Mouse, Mudvayne, Mushroomhead, Neil Young, Nine Inch Nails, Orgy, Otep, Overclocked Remix, Paul Oakenfold, The Police, Prodigy, Puscifer, Queen, Rage Against The Machine, Rammstein, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Shiny Toy Guns, Taproot, Team Sleep, The Crystal Method, The Faint, Tomcraft, Tool, Trivium, Turbonegro, and a little White Stripes

MasterSwordUltima
10-06-2007, 12:40 AM
I'll tell you if you tell me when the hell you became a Mapper for SE [which I just noticed now ;)]

Oh, and we blast that song, especially at the "oooh...my ding ding dong..." part. Makes for an Oh Yeah Friday.

Masamune
10-06-2007, 12:56 AM
To be honest, dude, I have no idea. I haven't received my mapping program or access information yet anyway.