PDA

View Full Version : More dungeon-crawling goodness

DarkDragoonX
10-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Fans of Wizardry-style dungeon crawls are in line for another treat... Atlus has announced Etrian Odyssey 2 (http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2007/100307b.html). The first game was an amazing modernization of the classic first-person dungeon-crawl, and one of the best RPGs I've played in quite some time. The sequel adds three new classes, new map icons, and apparently better visuals during combat.

I can't wait.

Aegix Drakan
10-03-2007, 03:52 PM
It better have a quicksave/temporary save option!

Thats the only reson I could not get far in the first one. I don't have enough time to commit to a 3-hour straight dungeon romp.

Aside from that one flaw, I LOVED Etrian Odyssey. It was not afraid to give the players a good challenge.

DarkDragoonX
10-03-2007, 04:43 PM
It better have a quicksave/temporary save option!

As a matter of fact, it DOES have a quicksave feature. The developers seem to be really on the ball correcting the flaws in the first game.

Aegix Drakan
10-03-2007, 08:39 PM
As a matter of fact, it DOES have a quicksave feature. The developers seem to be really on the ball correcting the flaws in the first game.

YES!!! I'm grabbing this the moment it comes out. And since it's 70% complete...It shouldn't be THAT long.

mrz84
10-03-2007, 10:35 PM
Sweet. Dungeony goodness! :kitty: