PDA

View Full Version : Remember The Rumors of Halo DS?

Yoshiman
10-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Turns out they were more than rumors (videos included).

http://blogs.ign.com/Matt-IGN/2007/10/02/67886/

Unfortunately, the project was canned, and it'll never be released for unknown reasons. Can't say that I would've bought it though. I really don't like the control scheme for shooters on the DS.

Cloral
10-02-2007, 07:00 PM
Probably canceled when the Wii started selling like hotcakes and MS started seeing Nintendo as a competitor again.

Modus Ponens
10-02-2007, 07:50 PM
That's interesting. Having played maybe half of Metroid Prime: Hunters, I'm sure that I wouldn't have been too crazy about the control scheme of that game.

Did you see the link at the bottom to Mark Bozon's blog entry (http://blogs.ign.com/Bozon-IGN/2007/09/17/66516/) about some crappy Shrek game for some crappy system that blatantly ripped off music from Ocarina of Time?

MottZilla
10-02-2007, 09:33 PM
The guy should have been smart and sold it privately for thousands to some group that wants to dump the ROM. Either way I don't really care. Let me know when they make Gears of War for DS. ;p

Modus Ponens
10-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Look, the bottom line is that the DS is simply not going to be the best handheld system on the market until it comes in multiple colors and has a Zelda game, a Super Mario Bros. game, a Pokémon game, a couple Castlevania games, and courtroom, cooking, surgery and pet dog simulators, and Mario Kart, Tetris and Tetris Attack games that can be played online.

...Wait, what?

MottZilla
10-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Yes but it doesn't have Final Fantasy 7 spin off games. Thus PSP is now selling much better. :p

The_Amaster
10-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Halo on DS? Nah, not really interested. The story mode in Hunters may have sucked, but the multiplayer was everything I would have wanted.

Grasshopper
10-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Yes but it doesn't have Final Fantasy 7 spin off games. Thus PSP is now selling much better. :p

You could sell poop under the name "Final Fantasy", and it would still sell well. :tongue:

Cloral
10-04-2007, 12:27 PM
You could sell poop under the name "Final Fantasy", and it would still sell well. :tongue:

See the forthcoming FF4 DS. Not saying FF4 is bad - heck, it might be the best iteration in the entire series. But the 3d rendition on the DS just looks like ass.

MottZilla
10-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Yes it does. But the CG/Full Motion Video looks fan-fucking-tastic. If only they'd remake FF4 on PS2 at a minimum it would be a worth while remake. I'd rather though see a PS3 & Xbox 360 remake.

Masamune
10-04-2007, 06:06 PM
I'd rather have an original 2D Final Fantasy than a 3D remake. =\

GamerMan
10-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Yeah,and yes I heard about halo ds.
I dout it whould have been as good as the
xbox halo games?

MottZilla
10-04-2007, 08:16 PM
There's no question about that, the Nintendo DS is a horrible platform for a FPS, while the original Xbox was ideal at the time and is way more powerful than the DS.

GamerMan
10-04-2007, 08:23 PM
There's no question about that, the Nintendo DS is a horrible platform for a FPS, while the original Xbox was ideal at the time and is way more powerful than the DS.I agree,
and also the Xbox gives you
the hole t.v screen to mess with,
and for halo games you need as
much screen as you can get.

It's just funer to, becuse
multi player halo for ds
whould be a little hard
not including the controls
but that fact that the
t.v screen gives you a better
feel of whats behind you
then a tiny ds screen.