PDA

View Full Version : MIDI's won't play, SFX will. probobly an easy fix.

punkonjunk1024
10-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Halp. I don't know what it is. It occurs in both ZC and ZQ. I scanned AG.cfg for anything like Vol=0 or MIDIvol=0 and couldn't find anything.

Russ
10-02-2007, 11:00 AM
If you are using windows xp, double click the sound icon in the bottom right corner of the screen and turn the sw synth volume all the way up. Easy fix.

punkonjunk1024
10-02-2007, 11:01 AM
sw synth IS all the way up. :(

Imprisoned
10-02-2007, 11:13 AM
I'm experiencing the very same problem, every single sound setting I can find is turned on. Are you experiencing this in LI build?

punkonjunk1024
10-02-2007, 11:21 AM
No actually, it's the newest beta from shardstorm.

Russ
10-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Try installing ZC again. That might fix it. Make sure you back up the zc.sav file though. Otherwise, you will probably look like this::eek:

punkonjunk1024
10-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Didn't do it. I did that, and it still had the same problem. Must be windows thing. :(

EDIT

Still can't get it at all. I don't understand what the problem is. Could something else be using it at boot or something that just won't release it?

jerome
10-25-2007, 01:00 PM
I have XP too and I have found that if you open up Windows Media Player and play any MIDIs at all it does the volume thing on SW Synth that Russadwan mentioned everytime you do it.

Also make sure you didn't accidentally hit the mute box. dumb mute box...

Questwizard88
10-31-2007, 10:45 AM
I had a similar problem once before, except it occured all throughout Windows. MIDIs wouldn't play from any program at all, no matter what the settings. I came to find that my MIDI driver, along with every codec installed on my system, just disappeared out of nowhere.

Apparently something got messed up in the registry on me, which is what probably caused it to happen. I had to install the Timidity++ driver just to get my midis working again, because there doesn't seem to be a way to get the MIDI device back through the add new hardware wizard or device manager, or at least I couldn't find it.

I'm hoping it doesn't happen again, but you should be able to check and see if it still thinks your MIDI devices are there by opening up "Sounds and Audio Devices" in the Control Panel, and going to the Audio tab. Check and see what's selected in the MIDI playback dropdown.

punkonjunk1024
11-02-2007, 06:28 AM
I think it was tinyXP R5, and now I have R6, so I'll have to try it again. I've mostly been ZC'in on my laptop lately, anyhow. But thanks for the help, and that sounds pretty logical, QW. if I do still have the problem, I'll look for MIDI drivers for my soundcard. I didn't even know MIDI's had thier own driver. Fuckin things.

Feikki
11-15-2007, 12:03 PM
I had this problem too and it turned out to be my antivir program. Apparently the Zelda Classic needs to make some system changes in order to play MIDIs, and the antivir decided to prevent that without ever asking me. Make sure that the zelda-w.exe is a trusted application (or whatever your antivir likes to call the apps that are allowed to modify the system).