PDA

View Full Version : Patra type custom enemies

Master Maniac
10-01-2007, 09:02 PM
hmkay...im making an enemy under the patra type... and i kno what the misc.attributes 1-5 mean, but what does 6-10 define? the game crashes when i "test" fighting the enemy and i think its because 6-10 arent defined...
can anyone tell me what they mean?

also, im using build 584 so... yea thanks

Russ
10-01-2007, 09:13 PM
I think 6-10 have something to do with the outer eyes. I'm not sure. If it's a BS patra, they don't do anything (I think). Try checking the ZC wiki. I think that's where the enemy editor misc. values are now. I don't remember the address of it though, so just do a google search for it and see what comes up. And by the way, version 626 is out now. It has a lot more the 584 does, so you should get that.

Master Maniac
10-01-2007, 09:17 PM
wait... it has more?? is that possible?? wow... amazing... lol has anyone tested it yet? im not gonna get it until i know there are no bugs whatsoever on it so ill wait for a while...

and another thing, can you explain how secret tiles work? i dont get it at all... lol thanks

Pineconn
10-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Secret tiles? Not at all. (BTW, most of your basic ZC/ZQuest questions can be answered with Alphadawg's tutorial (http://edc-info.net/zcf/zqtutorial.zip), some advanced questions can be answered with this text file (http://www.geocities.com/idontknowtutorial/help.txt), and don't forget to check out ZC.com's FAQ section (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/faq.php).)

Secret combos generally correspond with flags. Flags are changes on the screen that occur when you use an item on it, from anything from the sword to even the strike of the hookshot. When you place, say, flag #04 on a bush, fire from the candle will trigger this flag. You can identify what this bush will look like after you burn the bush with the candle. In the secret combo editor, you can change any relevant flag to look like anything - in my case, you'd want to change the blue candle flag to, we'll say, a staircase. So when you're playing the game, when you burn this bush, a staircase will appear.

There's more. On the last page of secret combos are flags 16-31. These flags are helpful. Say you want something to happen when you kill the enemies in a room - for the sake of argument, we'll just make a block disappear. When you set up your room, add the enemies, add the block, and place flag 16 on the block. Go into the secret combo editor and make secret #16 a regular floor tile. Go to Data -> Screen Data, and check the box that says "Enemies->Secret". This means that when you kill all the enemies in the room, the secrets will occur. Hence, you've set it up fully.

Gleeok
10-01-2007, 10:55 PM
}Patra
misc1: number of outer eyes
misc2: number of inner eyes
misc3: HP of eyes
misc4: 0 = expanding circle movement, 1 = oval movement
misc5: 1 = center eye fires weapon, 2 = inner eyes fire weapons
misc6: ?
misc7: ?

Misc10: The overall behavior of the enemy
0: Normal Patra
1: Patra BS
Misc1: The number of eyes in the enemy's outer ring
Misc2: If Misc10 is 0, the number of eyes in the enemy's inner ring
Misc3: The HP of each of the eyes
Misc4: If Misc10 is 0, the movement pattern of the eyes
0: Circular
1: Oval
Misc5:
0: No special behavior
1: If Misc10 is 0, the enemy fires a weapon
2: If Misc10 is 0, each inner eye fires a weapon
Misc6: The inverse probability that the eyes will begin a special movement pattern on a certain frame. That is, if Misc6 is 2, there is a 1/2 probability that a special pattern will begin
Misc7: The duration, in frames, of special movement patterns
Misc8: The tile used for the eyes. This values is treated as an offset and added to the enemy's tile to determine the eye tile.
Misc9: The CSet used by the enemy's eyes.

btw-The 160 eyed patra5 that shoots a constant stream of magic and summons enemies via script has been done already....Guess by who? :toast:

Joe123
10-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Your enemies are far too evil Gleeok ¬_¬

Russ
10-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Gleeok, is your quest actually going to beatable? So much evil in a single qst file. Is the file name for the quest evil.qst?

Master Maniac
10-03-2007, 11:32 PM
ok thank you all

and gleeok, isnt that considered overkill? do you have major issues with link or something? honestly... that is the first video-game enemy thats ever given me nightmares...

Gleeok
10-04-2007, 12:24 AM
Guy's, guy's....c'mon....Alright, if you must know:

The title of my quest is "A Link to the Grave" ....hmm, well how funny is that?

The Doomsday script is NOT in this one. It's for a side, script heavy project.

The Patra Queen will be in LV8 or 9, and Link has like 35 hearts by then, plus powerfull weapons.

I do love my bosses. :D Every dungeon will have 2 custom bosses plus lots of normal ones.

And for reference:

The major problem I have with the new generation of video games is difficulty level. Honestly, most should come with a "for ages 6-12" label on them. Especially rpg's. I believe this to be bad game design, and in any game where you can "power level".
Additionally, the first games I ever owned are as follows:
Blaster Master, Super Mario, Smash TV, Lifeforce, Contra, FF1, Tetris, Zelda.

Master Maniac
10-04-2007, 10:42 PM
lol funny... oh... and i worded my other question wrong, i mean secret tiles like flags 16-31

...and the enemies>secret screen data rule is confusing me... ive got a chest in the room but it starts out with the chest visible and when i kill all the enemies, an ugly gray box appears over it... im stumped... lol

Gleeok
10-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Enemies->Secrets simply means that all secret combos will activate when all screen enemies are dead.

Joe123
10-05-2007, 03:06 AM
...and the enemies>secret screen data rule is confusing me... ive got a chest in the room but it starts out with the chest visible and when i kill all the enemies, an ugly gray box appears over it... im stumped... lol

You have this, but what do you want to happen?

Master Maniac
10-07-2007, 02:06 AM
i really want the chest to appear after all the enemies are dead. i might have the wrong flag checked though, would enemies>item work in a special item room with a chest?
oh and another question, how would i make something on layers 1 or 2 do damage to link? i set the things to damage:1 heart and link just walks right over them.

Im sorry for causing you guys so much trouble with all of this but i want my quest to be absolutely perfect and flawless in every way possible
so... thanks for all the help

Joe123
10-07-2007, 03:45 AM
don't worry about wasting peoples time, noone knows how to do everything and all that.

Combo attributes on layers above layer 0 have no effect. ever. so you'll have to put those damage combos on layer 0.

And what you want to do with that chest is:
1) set the room up with the enemies and all that, and have no chest in the room at all.
2) set the 'enemies -> secret' screen flag
3) put flag 16 down where you want the chest to appear
4) go to the secret combo editor, and go to the tab on the end, and click on the box for flag 16.
5) set your treasure chest combo
6) in the secret combo editor, ctrl-click on the treasure chest, and select flag 10.

Master Maniac
10-07-2007, 01:39 PM
oh ok thanks... so armos>item flag on the combo? never would have guessed lol

Oh and also how do i change the cset link uses?

And... lol... ive made my own door combo sets. However its a cave combo set where if there is an open door, all 4 tiles are floor tiles. the problem here is that the floor tiles on the edge of the screen are placed like an overhead combo. is there any way to turn that off? or do i have to alter my combo sets?

Joe123
10-07-2007, 01:47 PM
no no no, not on the combo (well, you could put it on the combo) but what I meant was you add it in in the secret combo editor. You can give flags flags there. It's called Teired Secret combos.

And you don't change the Cset Link uses, he always uses Cset 6. If you want to change that Cset however, go to Quest->Graphics->Palettes, and edit it from there.

And I think you uncheck the 'Overlay walkthrough' box in the door combo editor.

Master Maniac
10-07-2007, 03:25 PM
well thats what i meant about the combo, i meant in the secret combo place... Oh and i think i figured out how to restore some corrupted files too.

and thanks!