PDA

View Full Version : Remember to submit your quests!

Pineconn
09-26-2007, 11:06 PM
This is a reminder to everyone with unsubmitted quests for ZC 2.10 and below and whom missed DD's official announcement, that the QDB is back up and running. I know that at least a few need to be submitted (Hero of Dreams, Origin...), and I believe some need to be resubmitted. The quest queue is completely empty at this point, so if you submitted a quest and it isn't on the QDB, then you need to resubmit it.

You can submit your quests [here (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/submission.php)].

To DFW/Petoe about Lost Isle... I imagine that you can submit it, even though it's for a beta. Just do what you did for PureZC and I think everyone will be hunky-dory with it.

DarkFlameWolf
09-27-2007, 06:47 AM
Origin is also for the same beta as Lost Isle. And Lost Isle is usually 1.16 megs more than the max size limit a quest file can be. PureZC had to increase their file size limit just to even accept it.

Petoe
09-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Huh? The AGN quest database has a size limit? That'd suck... :(

Gleeok
09-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Huh? The AGN quest database has a size limit? That'd suck... :(

This shouldn't be a problem at all. ;)

Freedom
09-27-2007, 10:33 AM
I don't remember AGN having a size limit or a version limitation, if I'm not mistaken DOY was built in something like the 154 or something and then Jman came along and uped it to the 183

Anarchy_Balsac
09-27-2007, 02:32 PM
I don't think anyone is going to be too strict about the 2.1 and below thing, just so long as you make it crystal clear in your description that you are submitting something which requires "beta XXX or above" it should be fine.

Freedom
09-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Castle Haunt III is strictly a 2.11b10b quest, if it gets submitted it has to be understood it's for that, otherwise it will have to be upgraded and with the number of FFC's and the changes since then it's not likely I'd be in a hurry to upgrade it, and I wouldn't even consider it until a new Stable release is out there.
Lot's a things got broke and changed since then.

Anarchy_Balsac
09-27-2007, 09:47 PM
If you want to submit it, just put it in bold before the description and it should be clear enough. Also, those of you who have submitted quests to the temp database, be sure to submit any you still want on the site through the database.

rocksfan13
09-28-2007, 12:30 PM
DFW, Peteo, and Freedom. Go ahead and submit your quests. Just remind us in the queue that it for "this version only". So we denote that in your submission and supply the link to the correct version that is needed.

I, myself, would love to see both of your quests in there.

Petoe
09-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I will submit it in a hour or two... ;)

edit:

SUCCESS!

Your quest has been received!

Lost Isle is now submitted.

SpacemanDan
09-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Does that mean I could submit Kamala's Tomb, as long as I make it clear what version to use?

DarkFlameWolf
09-28-2007, 06:29 PM
I've been rather busy of late and really don't have time for anything more than 5mins or so checking forum boards and then I'm off doing navigator work/studying. So if Peteo can upload it for me under my name? Or is that not possible under this system?

erm2003
09-28-2007, 06:31 PM
It's actually already there under both your names. Check it out.

http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/viewquest.php?q=316

Anarchy_Balsac
09-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Does that mean I could submit Kamala's Tomb, as long as I make it clear what version to use?

Yes, and if I'm on at the time you submit it, you can PM me to put it through.

DarkFlameWolf
09-29-2007, 08:25 AM
In the section for Lost Isle where it says 'Other Quests by this Author' might want to put all other quests by both Peteo and I in that box. XD (at least ones that have been uploaded to ZC.)

Furthermore, I've just uploaded Wolfstyle DX and Origin. (although Origin requires the same build Lost Isle uses.

erm2003
09-29-2007, 09:49 AM
The "Other Quest by this Author" box is not something we can edit. It's automatically set up by the author name matching up to other quests in the database. So when Wolfstyle DX was put in under your name only, then it matched up to your other quests.

What I can do (maybe in credits?) is create individual links for the quests for both of you that way people can follow those to find your other quests. Let me work on that and see if that works well.

Petoe
09-29-2007, 10:13 AM
Eh, I don't think the disfunctionality of the "Other Quests by this author" bothers me.

But what bothers me is the Quest Version. If you somehow can add a new option for quest versions (which is the v2.11 Lost Isle Build) it would be great because the 2.5 beta for LI is very misleading as Lost Isle does not work on 2.5 betas. It can only be played with the LI Build.

edit - Oh, just noticed that everything's been fixed. How nice! :)

erm2003
09-29-2007, 10:22 AM
I added a "Lost Isle Build" option so that will now be displayed with directions to download the build using the links under Quest Description.

I also put Origin in the QDB and added the links in the Lost Isle quest page so that your other quests are there.

EDIT: Oh and I also put links for the Linux and Mac builds on the Lost Isle quest page. DFW had them with the Origin submission but they weren't there for Lost Isle.

rocksfan13
09-29-2007, 02:24 PM
That was my fault. Sorry.:(

I had completely forgotten about the other OS ZC users out there. ;)

This counts for anyone now. Completed quests made in a beta CAN be submitted. You just need to put in your submission which beta it was. The same way that 1.92 was done when it was a beta. ;)

Anarchy_Balsac
09-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Triple check your file hosts to make sure they not only allow you to host the file, but that your link is valid. Sometimes you submit the file, then find out they don't want to host that type and delete it, or that the file download comes with strings attached for the downloaders or something. If you make a mistake though, don't panic, we can fix those. But it does help us if you go over everything to make sure it's done right before clicking submit.