PDA

View Full Version : Setting Link's Button Items

Joe123
09-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Can you set what items Link has set to A or B via a script? Cause I want a 2 item quest, where neither of them are the sword (yes I do have the 'can select A item quest rule checked) and you don't need to use the active subscreen, and if I just give Link the two items in the init data, only one of them comes equipped, and you have to use the subscreen to equip the other item. Which really isn't what I want. Thanks.

Praethus
09-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Not yet. It's planned for post-2.5.

Joe123
09-27-2007, 03:13 AM
blurgh. That sucks.

C-Dawg
09-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Well

Actually, I think you could do this, but it would be really time consuming. If you remove all items from the player's inventory, then add only the two items you want selected, I believe the engine will add them to A and B automatically. Then add the rest of the items that used to be in the player's inventory.

You'd need to check each item and make a total copy of the player's inventory, though.

Joe123
09-28-2007, 11:12 AM
The reason I wanted to have to do this in the first place was because I wanted to use only the feather and the arrows in my quest, but when I opened up the game, only the arrows was set to a button, and I didn't want the player to have to set them. Hence the script, but it's working fine now though for some reason anyway. Thanks though.