PDA

View Full Version : There are no homosexuals in Iran...

Gleeok
09-26-2007, 05:37 AM
...said the president of Iran, Ahmadinejad. ....well that's because you've executed them all you asshole. Yet another reason to believe that Iran is a "cultured" and "civilized" nation. Jesus h. titty-fucking christ, I can't wait for this jackass to speak in public again.

Here's a quote:

we don't have homosexuals like in your country. ... We do not have this phenomenon

You can read about it here (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/24/us.iran/index.html) or here. (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070925.wiran25/BNStory/Front)

And let's not forget the remarks he made about the holocaust and quote: called for Israel to be "wiped off the map" a while back. That one's here. (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/12/14/iran.israel/) Or if you're too lazy to read all that, this sums it up pretty good. Quote: "They have invented a myth that Jews were massacred and place this above God, religions and the prophets,"

....Wow.

Consequently the US sanctions against Iran have tightened due to his persistance that Iran is within it's right's to develop Nuclear power for "peaceful purposes", which may be true, but what're we fucking stupid.

I'd like to end this as such:

Homo say's what?

what

erm2003
09-26-2007, 05:48 AM
Nothing like scaring the crap out of your people to completely ignore a group of them. No, the people of Iran aren't oppressed at all.

Then again, who wouldn't expect this type of closed-mind thinking from a dictator?

Aegix Drakan
09-26-2007, 10:34 AM
I really don't like Iran's government. It appears that most of the leaders (or at least those in charge of justice, anyway) have made a hobby out of executing women. If a woman gets raped, they get executed in public for "breaking the laws of chastity". If they try to stop the guy from raping them, they still get killed for assaulting a man. It's just absolutely retarded!

No respect for human rights over there! None at all! I hope that this numbskull keader and his cohorts get owned by karma. Big time.

Cloral
09-26-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm pretty sure that when the translator translated the line about there not being any homosexuals in Iran, the entire audience broke out laughing. And laughter is the best response to such a statement, since it shows just how ridiculous and stupid it is.

The clip was shown on the Daily Show, so it could've been the show's audience that was laughing, but it sounded like it was coming from the clip.

Trevelyan_06
09-26-2007, 01:40 PM
They also don't have any poverty, backwards attitudes towards the treatment of women, disease, or oppression!

phattonez
09-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Who was it here that said that Iran wasn't as bad as we all make it? I think that person needs to come back here and defend himself.

Freedom
09-26-2007, 02:11 PM
He's on the right continent to live in DE-NILE ;)

Cloral
09-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Not to be anal, but the Nile is in Africa, and Iran is in Asia, so no.

Rainman
09-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Who was it here that said that Iran wasn't as bad as we all make it? I think that person needs to come back here and defend himself.

I don't know who that was, but I'll say a few things.

One thing that I've heard debunked is that Ahmadinejad never implied when he said that Israel should be "wiped off the map" that he wanted to nuke them. In fact I heard that "wiped off the map" is a mistranslation. That phrase is an English colloquialism. He was basically just saying the same thing most Muslim's believe which is that Israel should never have been made a country.

I'm not saying that Ahmadinejad is not a bad guy. As far as I can tell, his countries government is a horrible one and his support of holocaust denial is absolutely reprehensible. However, I've seen very little evidence that Iran is any where near the threat that many people are making him out to be.

As far as the topic, I'm sure Iran's government has a couple members with little boy harems.

Glitch
09-26-2007, 05:14 PM
I refused to ever live in a country where there are not hot lesbians. I may know I'm never gonna interact with them, but its sure a hell fun to see.

Lilith
09-26-2007, 08:05 PM
---

Anarchy_Balsac
09-26-2007, 08:12 PM
I really don't like Iran's government. It appears that most of the leaders (or at least those in charge of justice, anyway) have made a hobby out of executing women. If a woman gets raped, they get executed in public for "breaking the laws of chastity". If they try to stop the guy from raping them, they still get killed for assaulting a man. It's just absolutely retarded!

No respect for human rights over there! None at all! I hope that this numbskull keader and his cohorts get owned by karma. Big time.

Yeah but look at it this way, they do get their karma. No seriously, I'm not being funny about this, they may oppress and execute women, but that results in middle-eastern countries having less women than men. I don't think I need to spell out what results from that. And with the gay guys being executed, the problem just becomes that much worse.

Seriously, it has got to be a bitch to live in those countries unless you're impotent.

Daarkseid
09-26-2007, 11:00 PM

It was me.

It isn't as bad as we all make it, and would be alot better if we DIDN'T make it out to be so bad.

Ahmadinijad was democratically elected in 2005, and was chosen because he's essentially Irans version of our own fearless leader George W. That is, petulant and supposedly strong on defense. When you live in a country thats on a short list of "evil" nations by a much stronger nation, and another nation on that "list" was invaded by aforementioned stronger nation, you are probably going to elect a leader who will be defiantly nationalistic and pro-national defense.

But I guess instead the proper way to deal with Iran is to launch another ill conceived and ill-planned war that will kill millions of civilians, further bankrupt our government, and produce several tens of thousands of wounded veterans who will continue to rely on that same government for their livelyhood for several more decades until they die their inevitably miserable deaths. We would also be destroying a functioning middle eastern democracy and probably ruining said country for many more decades in the same way we've probably ruined Iraq(assuming Iraq was even a functioning country to begin with).

Modus Ponens
09-27-2007, 05:40 AM
I would really love to see a dictionary some time that has, listed under homophobic, "see homosexual".

(Of course I'm not implying that all homosexuals are homophobes--it's a one-way street.)

phattonez
09-27-2007, 10:05 AM
It was me.

It isn't as bad as we all make it, and would be alot better if we DIDN'T make it out to be so bad.

Ahmadinijad was democratically elected in 2005, and was chosen because he's essentially Irans version of our own fearless leader George W. That is, petulant and supposedly strong on defense. When you live in a country thats on a short list of "evil" nations by a much stronger nation, and another nation on that "list" was invaded by aforementioned stronger nation, you are probably going to elect a leader who will be defiantly nationalistic and pro-national defense.

But I guess instead the proper way to deal with Iran is to launch another ill conceived and ill-planned war that will kill millions of civilians, further bankrupt our government, and produce several tens of thousands of wounded veterans who will continue to rely on that same government for their livelyhood for several more decades until they die their inevitably miserable deaths. We would also be destroying a functioning middle eastern democracy and probably ruining said country for many more decades in the same way we've probably ruined Iraq(assuming Iraq was even a functioning country to begin with).

Iraq was already a mess when we went in there, and Iran is a democracy? Whatever happened to majority rule with respect for the minority? It doesn't look like that exists in Iran. I'd actually compare Iran to Venezuela. Their dictator was elected, but it doesn't make the country any better.

Daarkseid
09-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Iraq was already a mess when we went in there, and Iran is a democracy? Whatever happened to majority rule with respect for the minority? It doesn't look like that exists in Iran. I'd actually compare Iran to Venezuela. Their dictator was elected, but it doesn't make the country any better.

Jews and Christians are protected minorities in predominantly Muslim Iran. Both groups are given a guaranteed seat in Iranian parliament. In the late '90s, Iran had itself a largely reform minded parliament as well as president. What happened since then? Bush came to power and began his hostile posturing in response to the 9/11 attacks(an event that Iranian leaders condemned), listing Iran as a member of the "axis of evil".

Naturally, the people of Iran began electing more hardliners in the same way Americans began electing more conservative republicans in the years following 9/11.

The Iranian revolution happened and was a success. It cannot be reversed, and to maintain our hostile posturing toward Iran is only making it more of a problem. If we were to instead support their country, maybe its people would be more open to supporting reform minded individuals. Instead they're supposedly literally afraid our planes are going to be bombing them any day now, and with confirmations that the Pentagon has drawn up plans for such attacks, it shouldn't be any surprise. So they have national defense as the main priority in determining their political decisions.

This all said, Iran isn't anywhere close to being an ideal democratic nation, but its not a case where their people are being tyrannized by an unpopular or brutal regime(like Saddam Hussein or Kim Jong Il).

GamerMan
10-05-2007, 01:58 AM
I heard about this junk.
there is homo's every were
in the world from alaska
to the uk there everyware.

Even in our schools,
and our dreams...wait,,what?
sorry I take that back..
they are just everyware.